Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week now in the evenings after dinner I've noticed something strange after Mizu poops. He will poop and his stool is solid. Then the next 2 times w/in 15 minutes he is at it again but he seems like he is trying to push ever so hard and all what comes out is this mushy poop and like watery drips. It only happens in the evenings. In the mornings his stool is also fine and solid. His energy has not changed. What could this be ?? It kinda scares me.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much if his BM's are solid overall; sometimes my two do just exactly what you describe. I notice a bit of upset only when I add a snack or treat they're not used to.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Shiloh's poops are very often like that. She will do about 3 piles a session--the first one is nice and solid and the other 2 are progressivly looser, ending in a drip, like you described. I've taken the looser stools in to be analyzed, but they're always okay. I think it if Mizu's poops are normal in the morning, it may be something she's eating during the day. Maybe you could give her food/treats with more fiber content?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That happens with Jersey sometimes as well. I've noticed it seems to happen when she's had more people food than she's used to (most usually after she's spent the day at Aunt Mary's and had beef stew made special for her..."But she likes it so much!").

·
Registered
794 Posts
This always happens to Georgia when we walk her...first time, fine, then the rest is runny. :pukey:
and we have to PICK IT UP! sorta....we do the best we can. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh I thought Charlie is the only.
When I pick up his poop in the dog park where usually on the grass, I can never do a clean job. :redface: sorry. But since it is on the grass and no one notice. At home he does it on the dirt, and it is easier to rake it up along with the dirt.
Charlie is spoiled with the chicken meat in his kibbles. He won't eat just kibbles any more.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm commenting here because I couldn't help myself...we are beagle addicts, this constant scrutiny on their POOP!!! This reminds me of that show years ago The Littles Emporer, when all the kings servants bring out this young boy's poop in a porcelain pot and analyzes it!!!! I know this goes in the "addict" thread, but it belongs here too!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
:hi:
I remember doing the same to my children when they were babies. And now we ARE taking care of babies too...all over again to me.
Since our babies can not talk and tell us how they feel in their little tummies. We can only tell from their poop to see how they feel. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Charlie mom:
Since our babies can not talk and tell us how they feel in their little tummies. We can only tell from their poop to see how they feel.
Yep, I'm sure the neighbors wonder about my sanity, since I 'oversee' all bodily functions when in doubt about my brood's state of health. I used to laugh at those people who stood in their front yards, dutifully watching their squatting dog.

I do squat-patrol on a daily basis....but mostly in the BACK yard :redface:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.