Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, I said poop.

Any funny/interesting poopy habits that your beagles have??

Zelda likes to poop in the middle of the street, but only on one part of this particular street and she does it every single time we cross that way.

Lately she's been taken on a really early morning 6:30am walk, and she poops 4 times on those walks!! 4 poops!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
LOL, Coco poops 2-3 times on an hour walk and it's always in the same places...e.g in front of a school and the park. How can something so small poop so much?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They probably have an emergency poop storage compartment somewhere inside of them just in case they are walked somewhere that they NEED to poop in front of.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When Ben was younger I used to walk him every morning before work (just around the block). Now he is pretty lazy and prefers to sleep in.

Our walks became pretty routine. I could almost pinpoint the houses where he would piddle and then where he would poop. Typically he would only poop once on these walks.

One morning, one of the dog owners on our street had his two HUGE dobbies in the front yard off leash. They are very beautiful dogs and pretty well behaved, but intimdating none the less.

Ben was not impressed. He got all nervous and all his fur stood on end when the dogs came over for a butt sniff.

He had already pooped once before the dobbie run-in. On the remainder of our walk he pooped 3 more times. He literally had the crap scared out of him!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Rosa prefers to poop in our garden and she will sometimes hold it in on a walk and wait till we get home to go in private lol.

Sherry is the complete opposite and refuses to poop in the garden at all.

It makes life hard and interesting at times

·
Registered
205 Posts
JoJo won't poop on a walk. We could walk for an hour, or even on days when I take her for a jog with me, and she still won't go until we're back home. We come in, she sits, we take off the leash, and she zooms to the back door like let me out now!.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Charlie had the poo scared out of him once, when the garbage truck came. He does have a strange habit. One tree we see on walks he is usually out of pee to mark. So he lifts his legs, realizes he's on empty and in one quick move changes position and poops on the tree. He'll mark that tree if it kills him!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Okay, where to start?!

Popcorn is like Zelda - she likes to poop out in the open (so no one can attack her while she is indisposed... she is always on high alert) and one place that is right out in the open is the middle of the street... very embarassing to have to hold off traffic to let her finish and pick up!

Buzz is like Charlie - he sometimes lifts his leg to pee on a post or tree and then decides that isn't going to happen so he does this cool curling/twisting move and poops instead. Unlike Charlie he doesn't only have one specific tree that causes this - it seems to just be his mood.

And then Moosie - he poops on three legs with one of his back legs pointing forward (just like shoot the duck for anyone who took skating lessons when they were a child...). I don't know if the leg that shoots forward is the one he was shot in, and maybe this came about as a result of that, or he just likes it that way. It does get lots of strange looks, though!

·
Registered
504 Posts
My first Beagle Lace, she would poop and then eat it.....
I would have to chase her down to make sure she didn't eat it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe will only poop on the edge of the pavement or a corner. If there's dirt or grass that's better!

The funny thing is that right after she poops, she will take 2-3 steps to the side and sit down. I guess she won't move before I pick it up (never tried not to, promise!!).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Roscoe is the only one with poop issues.

1. He can be jumping, barking, crying to go out like its gonna fall right out of him and as soon as we go outside, he gets distracted and doesn't go! Sometimes we go back in and it can be hours before he actually goes! Don't get it.

2. Once outside to finally poop, he can never find the perfect spot. If not going for a walk we have one area of the yard for the dogs to do their business in, it is pretty big! Roscoe will sniff, sniff, sniff, squat as if he is going to go and then hop back and forth for another minute (almost as if in a panic) and then finally go!

3. Sometimes on a walk, I say he gets confused. He lifts his leg as if to pee and then whoops! other end. Funny thing though, he doesn't change positions. Do you know how difficult it is to get poo off of a tree trunk???

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry also does the pooping on three legs thing with one back leg pointed forward, and he also like to poop on a hill, where possible.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours can go for very long walks, an hour or more, and wait until they are back in our garden to poop!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey is a private pooper. She paces back and forth before she goes and has to be facing away from you. She does NOT like to be watched. She usually doesn't poop on walks and prefers to poop in her usual spot. When she pees she always lifts her back left leg. Her sister does the same thing when she pees.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: Henry's MomHenry also does the pooping on three legs thing with one back leg pointed forward, and he also like to poop on a hill, where possible.
Glad to know Moosie isn't the only three-legged pooper out there!

·
Registered
890 Posts
My Bridge dog Jasmine (not a beagle) used to poop on two legs. She would stand on her front two legs when pooping. I think it had something to do with major arthritus in her back legs and it hurt to squat. She would sometimes walk on three legs before we got her and actually started giving her medicine on a daily basis instead of just whenever they ( sis-in-law) remembered.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Report on Poop eating, we are trying the adolph's meat tenderizer...it's working, no more poop for breakfast or any other time. Now just so it doesn't wear off and become tasty again.

Cathy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts