Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so terrible that I haven't posted lately, but I have been "lurking" at everyone's pictures and comments!

girls are fighting--is this normal?

girls maybe bonding??

Polly is getting spayed next Monday...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, I forgot to mention that the housebreaking is going pretty good...considering the ice storms and all that has been going on with the weather! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Taurus Mom:
girls are fighting--is this normal?
It sure looks normal to me - or at least normal to Moose and Popcorn! I sometimes wonder if their play has moved beyond just play and they are trying to kill each other - Popcorn will attack Moose, bite him on the throat and roll him over on his back... but Moosie never seems to concerned about it and happily comes back for more!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes Taurus Mom, That looks just like my house... The girls are always like that especially when they are wanted your attention.

·
Registered
220 Posts
They are just beautiful!! I'm trying to talk my boyfriend into getting another beagle, but he wants to wait until Monty is at least trained, then the new puppy wouldn't pick up his bad habits!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Boy, am I glad I saw this topic. I recently adopted two dogs who go at it too. I try to break them up, but the wife said they are just playing. It looked kinda rough to me, so I left the room as it was hard for me to watch. So after reading everyone's comments, I guess the wife was right. Who'da thunk it?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Looks fine to me! Jersey is an only child, but that scene has been replayed at the dog park numerous times as well as with her sister when they get together (my favorite times).

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Mine don't do it but I love watching dogs rough-house.

Our huskies used to do it when I still lived at home. And my friend has a young golden retriever and a hound who she just rescued from a local shelter and they play and play and play.

And the noises they can make sometimes sounds so ferocious but most of the time is harmless. If it does turn into a real fight, you can tell.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleFan:
Boy, am I glad I saw this topic. I recently adopted two dogs who go at it too. I try to break them up, but the wife said they are just playing. It looked kinda rough to me, so I left the room as it was hard for me to watch. So after reading everyone's comments, I guess the wife was right. Who'da thunk it?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
a fine round of bitey face as we call it in the lab world !!

Charles...you will certainly know by the change in "tone of voice" when play time has gone bad !!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky loves to play rough when he sess my Brother's dogs. He has a collie/greyhound mix and a lab/boxer mix. Two big dogs and yet Lucky still holds his own! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Very nice pictures!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments, everyone!
There's been times when we've broke them up after a YELP! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Taurus Mom:
... There's been times when we've broke them up after a YELP! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Things get wild at my house daily too; Maggie is more serious, plays harder and sometimes sounds like somebody is sticking knives in her!! Calvin is double her size and doesn't take her fighting seriously.....he just goes along with it, like a good natured brother. SHE is usually the one worn out and panting from running and yelping and growling. Smart Cal just lays in the center of the room while she does all the work of wild running and screaming..... :biglaugh: It's better than T.V. ANYDAY.....makes me laught every time!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by LuckyBeagle:
Lucky loves to play rough when he sess my Brother's dogs. He has a collie/greyhound mix and a lab/boxer mix. Two big dogs and yet Lucky still holds his own! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Very nice pictures!
So true, at 5 months Harley went to visit a friend who has two full grown labs and let me tell you he gave both those labs a run for their money.

Stealing their toys, their food, he was so funny to watch.

·
Registered
862 Posts
So nice to see new pics of the two dogs, especially little Polly. How she has grown!!!

Since we have only one dog in the house, I sometimes have to play dog to my beagle, too. We'd be roughhousing each other until one is tired (usually me :hi: ).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Brandy and Cecil rough house daily. After the zoomie chasing thing, then they pretend that they are gladiators and that is funny. They also do the mouthy squeely thing. They really go at it. Only when the tone changes do we ever do anything and that is to loudly say "stop it, girls" and that's all it takes. Once in a great while a ear will get nipped, but rarely. They are playing and always trying to determine who is alpha. Since ours are litter sisters, they have been this way forever. They will be 19 months old next week and forever puppies.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.