Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bedspread! and sheets. :angryfire:
Why would she do this? It just started out as one tiny hole and has just gotten worse and worse.
and the biggest hole is from this morning and I will have to patch it or something. (quit laughing, it's practically new!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Isn't this horrifying?
Between her and my snotty 16 year old son, I have had it.
This weekend we went to my sisters and she was an angel. no accidents, no vomiting in the car...
gets home and promptly pees and poops all over.
can we go back to crating her?
and I think Georgia is depressed because of her...
I know I AM!
thanks for listening and not laughing too loud....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm not laughing hun coz that is awful and very upsetting I'm sure. Does she do this while you are out, if so then yes I would crate her when she can't be supervised. Baby beagles will chew on anything they can get in their mouths and I expect sheets and blankets are a great chew toy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Oh Taurus Mom, I feel your pain!!!

I have a matching hole on the bottom of my couch!! Also one side of my coffee table is torn apart! Lets not talk about the bottom of my kitchen cabinets.... Oh the list can go on.
Now that they are a year old all that is stopping.
So there is releif in sight.
Just to let you know that "bitter apple" spray works great!

I am laughing at the snotty 16 year old. Yes I am also dealing with a snotty 16 year old !!! :pureevil:

·
Registered
308 Posts
We play this little game with both the Girls.

They pull out every single bit of stuffing in what used to be a nice decorative couch pillow. Hubby and I stuff every single bit back in. It is an ongoing cycle that I don't see ending anytime soon!

Oh and my Girls have started pooping in the house at night again. So back to the crate they have been the past 2 nights.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hurray for crates!!! Caleb escaped a couple of times from the crate and went around the house shredding paper incld the toilet paper, my work diary and raided the bin.

We still have an intact house thank goodness.

Caleb has a liking for paper, bins and leather purses, anything in fact which smell of me.

he did chew a new mobile phone recently, now decorated with teeth marks, oh joy

Gwenni has chewed the telephone/broadband cable but we managed to replace it

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thankfully, we have the ability to leave the dogs outside when we're away. They don't chew on the couch or chair in their doghouse/workshop, but don't get the chance in the house. I did leave Li'l Girl inside when she was recovering from being attacked, and she didn't bother anything. We did have a couple of girls (not beagles, though) who caused a lot of damage before we got smart and put a dog door in our attached garage which led to a fenced yard. Our Ruby chewed the whole bottom out of a couch. She was considerate enough to take the cushions off first, so we were able to cover the damage until we got the couch reupholstered. :eyes:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh Taurus mom, I so feel your pain. My beags do so good about not peeing and pooping for a while, then they go on a poopy spree I swear!
You do probably need to be more firm with Polly. Remember she is NOT Georgia though, and never will be. they are 2 totally different beagles.

You might have to crate train her though, not sure if you mentioned this. She will whine and cry though! You did get her fixed not long ago right? How did that go, was she missing you then?

Anyhow, the 2 females I have had have both been so much crazier than my males so I am not sure what I am going to do with my baby Maggie either!

Good luck sweetie!
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If I remmeber correctly Polly is still pretty young, yes? Sammy's crate did not get put up for good until she was just over 2 years old. It is definitely not too late to go back to the crate.

I totally feel your pain. Sammy proceeded to pull up my carpet at a seam and went the entire length of the room. there was no hiding it so the room had to be tiled.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh you guys make me feel so much better! I thought I was the only one with crazy loony beagles running around my house!

Badger eats my shoes, socks, underware, and whatever else he thinks I might need to wear at some point! Oh he also likes to "threaten" me by opening his mouth as wide as he can on my couch!! He has succeeded and bit it a few times putting a small hole in it!

Bella was the excellent little puppy until she ate my new purse I never got to use yet! Bugger!

Oh and as for the pooping and peeing in the house I really thought I was a bad beagle mommy and didn't know how to train Badger cause he does this to me sometimes if he doesn't get his way into my bed at night! :angry: After reading all the other posts I think he has a naughty sassy behavioral thing going on and he probably talks to all the other beags on here on what to plot to do next to their moms and dads! hee hee hee :biglaugh:

If anyone has any suggestions about the peeing in the house I am all EARS and happy to hear some good suggestions. My BIG problem is Badger always pees on his dog bed when I am gone at work. I will try putting a belly band on him tomorrow so we will see how that goes, but let me know if anyone knows of any "tricks" .

Thanks again!
Amanda

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh my, I know I don't have the naughtiest Beagle--poor Sammy's Mom!!! carpet! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Polly has chewed at the old carpet we put on our basement steps, so no big deal.
She just seems crazed!!! She was spayed last month, so we figure she's about 7-8 months now...she is so, so, cranky!
Well we'll crate her tonight, that ought to go over well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
448 Posts
The biggest potty training hint I can give, for whats it is worth after my $1700 worth of new carpet has been ruined now, is to have them on a SCHEDULE! Which is easy enough during the week, but weekends always seem to get us off track! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Good luck all!
J

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie is a chewer also. She still has to be crated at night and if we leave the house and I never leave her alone in a room for more than a few minutes uncrated. Thats why I was so excited a few months ago when I discovered Kuranda beds. Up until then she couldn't have anything in the crate because she would shred and then eat it.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Maggie ate THREE coverlets on my bed over the course of 1-1/2 years! Then, one day, while I was in the shower......she ate a hole into the middle of my brand new mattress. Imagine my horror....it only took 15 minutes to destroy it; she must have been on a frenzy....she dug out an amazing amount of foam also.

She is no longer allowed in any room alone; She just turned two, and I still don't trust her completely, although there haven't been any other bad instances in quite awhile.

Although she was a bad chewer as a pup (drawer handles, carpet....even a wall!), her worst damage happened AFTER she turned one.......kinda like your sixteen year old.....you survive infancy, and then there are those teen years, but
it's always darkest just before the dawn. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Hang in there mom, I feel your pain, but I know you will survive both of your adolescents, and they will turn out just wonderfully!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky is quite a chewer himself. I have lot many a things to his teeth and lots of money! He seems to be over it now. When he turned 1, he got really bad. He ate leather belts, shoes, books, picture frames, CDs, playing cards, a snake (I still don't understand how he skinned a snake), the hose, and more things. He never seemed interested in wood, the couch, or bedding things. I guess I got lucky (hehe get it?). He has his own room now with a window for him to look out of. He has a huge bed with a feather mattress pad on top of the dog bed and lots of blankets and pillows. Not to mention all his toys are in the room. I also leave his doggie CD playing while I am gone. He is very happy there. And very spoiled obviously!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Ours destroyed their fair share of our belongings in their puppy years.

Lucky's Mom. Sadie and Pooh Bear have their own room too!! They have an old couch and love seat in the room. The couch is pushed up to the window so they can sit in there and look out the window. All their toys are in their room too. They love their room.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts