Our Beagle World Forums banner

Poll: How much does your beagle sleep?

52K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  B_Dawg 
#1 ·
Curious - puppy or grow up beagles... how much shut eye do they get??

#3 ·
Ours are 8 years old now. If we are both working, they will sleep all day except when hubbie comes home for lunch for an hour. We come home from work around 5 and they are up till bedtime around 9 or 10 p.m. Then they sleep all night with us.

If I am off they are up and outside most of the day playing or sunning, with little naps here and there.

#4 ·
I would like to say that Chloe sleeps most of the day when I'm gone at work... but I doubt it. I think that at least half the time she is walking back and forth to the door.... upset.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif
When I'm home, she plays, sleeps a little, play... you get the point.

#5 ·
My two pups get probably 10-16 hours of sleep a day, and they seem pretty OK with it! They wake up with us in the morning for play time, then they sleep again after we leave for work or school, usually 5-8 hours, then in the evening they are out and about playing until probably 11pm when they decide it's bed time, and usually zonk out on the couch or in their cage depending on where the humans are at the moment. They then get one last walk around midnight and go back to bed until the next day to start it all over again! Ah, the life of a dog.

#17 ·
Booker sleeps 22 or so hours a day (24 hours - time out for walks). She basically is either out on a walk or sound asleep (plus a ten minute or so period of activity for dinner). And it isn't just because she is 11 - she was like that when we adopted her at 3 1/2!!

Popcorn and Moosie are probably more in the 14-16 hour category like the other adult beagles here. They do actually play and hang out during the day doing things other than sleeping!

#18 ·
I know this thread is old, but we got our first Beagle and was thinking man this guy sleeps alot!

I keep hearing how active they are from everyone I know, not this guy.

B Dawg sleeps most of the day unless he is eating or we r going out fishing or for a walk.

So from what I have just read he is normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.