Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm usually asking for prayers for my pets. If you could squeeze me onto your prayer list, I would appreciate it. I have spoken to a few of you, in PMs, or emails about what is going on. For the rest of you, I'll try to keep it brief.

My mother is 89 years old. Last spring, she was diagnosed with a compression fracture of the lower spine. A bone fragment was digging into the nerve, causing sciatica. I moved her into my home, because I have a bathroom on the main level and she does not. Her physical health improved. Her mental health declined.

I had noticed, over the past year or so, that my mother was a bit off - things I blamed on her age. During her stay with me, she became increasingly worse. The doctor diagnosed her with dementia. I realize the time spent out of her own environment made things worse. With help, she was able to move back into her own home, the end of July. By the time she left my home, she was completely paranoid, where my husband, kids, and I were concerned. There was improvement, when she got back into her own home - to a point.

The thing is, dementia doesn't go away. It doesn't come with an instruction manual. Life has just been very stressful for me, for the past 6 months. Today was a bad day. I try to keep my mother on an even keel, but it really is draining. I try to take one day at a time, to turn it over to God and have faith that He will see us through.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Jan,
You know you are always in my prayers. Seeing a parent slowly fade away is the worst thing. As you know there are going to good and bad days and I will always be there.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Susanne. That means so much. You are an awesome friend. But then....beagle people are the best!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Prayers coming your way, Jan. I'm sorry for your troubles. Life can be so stressful at times. I'll be thinking of you.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Awww, I'm so sorry. I know how hard this is. I work with elderly and my grandmother, aunt and best friends mom have all passed due to this. It is very hard on family members.
You can really just do what you are doing, take one day at a time and really try not to take your mom's outburst personally, that is very hard to do but just remember it's the disease not your mom so much. I will definitely add you to my prayers.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
My step dad has Alzheimer's and it is a daily struggle for my mom. He definitely gets worse if his routine or surroundings change. I will pray for your mom as well as for you for strength.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Jan, as you already know from our communications that my parents went through the same thing. It is very draining and stressful for caregivers. I'm experiencing it now with my mother's sister (my aunt). I'm so sorry for you and will send you a PM.
Prayers and ((hugs))

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Prayers and (((hugs)).Just take it a day at a time. This part of the year is always stressful.
techie and Rascal

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love you my, beagle friends. You are the best. Thank you so much for the support. Today, was a good day with Mom. I really am taking it one day at a time. I'm getting better at that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i will pray for you and your family my mother in law had the same thing so i know what you are going through.sorry you have to go through this kind of thing i will keep you in my prayers terri

·
Registered
462 Posts
Jan, you and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry things are so hard for you right now. It's a stressful time of year any way without your added problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Jan,

Life is supposedly short but by the grace of God in your mom's life, each moment is a rejoicing time for her. And importantly, she will always feel your care and love for her by praying for her that she will always be filled with the presence of God in love, peace and joy in this life. And also, we will pray that you will be filled presence of God in love, peace and joy in the name of Jesus Christ, the Lord and Saviour and Son of living God.
God bless you and your family, Jan.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Jan,

Life is supposedly short but by the grace of God in your mom's life, each moment is a rejoicing time for her. And importantly, she will always feel your care and love for her by praying for her that she will always be filled with the presence of God in love, peace and joy in this life. And also, we will pray that you will be filled presence of God in love, peace and joy in the name of Jesus Christ, the Lord and Saviour and Son of living God.
God bless you and your family, Jan.

Thank you.
Thank you. Prayers are always very much appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts