Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past week I have noticed several bruises (not too bad) on Chloe... and it seems to be happening after we get back from the dog park. She is small but plays rough, and mostly with the small dogs. The thing is that I watch her with 1,000,000 eyes (ok, so just 2) and she is fine during play, not crying at all, and actually quite the tease...

Do you think I shouldn't let her play that much?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My 4 dogs play quite rough with each other. My little Tate gets a lot of scratches on his belly and one of my dogs has had their ear pierced from playing once, but I am unaware of any bruising.

How do you see the bruise? Do you just brush the hair away or can you see it without close examination? Have you mentioned this to your vet? Perhaps your dog has a condition that causes her to bruise easily.

I will continue to watch this post as it is interesting to me.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, usually she is fine, and the bruise in the picture is only the 2nd one I've noticed ever, but since it's the second one in one week, I was wondering... and it doesn't hurt her when I touch it.
Anyway, it's in the inner part of her thigh:

Sorry for the cell phone picture. What do you think? (It's also possible that she did this to herself, nippin... (slim chances though)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Beagles just like to play rough and for them rougher the better . About the only way,IMHO,you could prevent it would be stop the playtime and I wouldn't do that . Just try to keep an eye on your pup,but let him enjoy the playtime.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It almost looks like Chloe's been scratching with her front teeth... our girls use to do that. It leaves same result as when we really scratch an itch and red splotches start to surface on the skin. :conf12:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've noticed little marks and bruises like this on Sherry. Sometimes she does them to herself when she's got an itch and chews at it but sometimes they happen when her and Rosa play. She has a thin coat compared to Rosa's which is very dense and I think this is the reason why she's more easily damaged.

This is most probably what's happening to Chloe but I wouldn't worry unless they are severe.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sometimes Boeing has those marks too and since he never plays with any dog, I think they're itch marks left by his chewing with his front teeth. Oh, but he does play rough!!! And usually it's me who end up with the bruises and scratches /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts