Our Beagle World Forums banner

Playdates

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
When you guys take your babies on playdates do they bark the entire time?

Chase is on his little playdate now with the neighbors pitbull they love each other so much and they play everyday for an hour. However the entire hour Chase is barking at her. Is this normal lol because I can't get my little guy to quiet down for anything. Only time he stops is to catch a breather and to drink water. Other than that he barks!

Anyone else beag do this? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Do they wrestle at all or do they just stand near each other and bark?

Ours will play with other dogs, but I have one beagle that tends to bark when he is excited. Because we have 3 dogs the youngest is not always the one that the visiting dog wants to play with so then Tate just stands near them and barks at them until they initiate play with him again. Then he is fine. It's like he gets jealous or something. Because he is so excited by the visitor though he thinks he has to bark.

G
#3 ·
Nope, they just run around. And Chase runs after her barking. She doesn't bark at him at all she just runs circles around him and make him chase her but the entire time he's barking. If she stops playing with him he howls lol it's cute but weird.

#4 ·
I had one female that used to just bark constantly if the others were "playing" - and my daughter's dog, Buster, does the same thing. Drives me crazy - because there's almost always someone playing here. He won't join in the play (he was an only child before he and my daughter came to live here) - but just BARKS. Neither of those two like being part of a pack. The others all bark IF there's something interesting - like neighborhood cats or dogs - but don't just bark to hear themselves as he does. My dogs don't have "playdates" since they get plenty of socialization with each other.

#7 ·
Now that I have taken Arty to the dog park a couple of times I can say this. He runs around with the dogs sometimes but will spend a LOT of time howling at them. The thing is, he almost never barks or howls when he's at home. He's actually a really quiet beagle except when he needs to pee or if his water bowl is empty.

Here he is howling at the dog park: AROOO!!

It was really cute last time because there were a ton of dogs and he was the only one who had that great beagle aroooo

G
#9 ·
Thanks for all the feed back guys. I think he just does it when he's chasing her (which is all the time since shes so much bigger and faster).

Arty is too cute hehehe

I think Chase is doing what Chloe is doing. It's frustration because he can't catch her lol that's so adorable!

#13 ·
Duke doesn't bark around other dogs. He usually lets my mouthy lab, Cassie, do his talking for him.

When Duke and my step-son's pitbull pup play, they are both really quiet and just wrestle and chase each other without much noise at all (except the pounding of their paws when they are inside and racing down the hallway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.