Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassie smashed a couple of my prize succulent plants on my patio while she was looking for lizards that weren't even there. She's so naughty...and in the dog house.

·
Registered
941 Posts
CASSIE! What were you thinking?

(Xerxes says you're supposed to blame broken stuff on lizards Cassie, as in, THEY broke it, not that you broke stuff looking for them!)

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CASSIE! What were you thinking?

(Xerxes says you're supposed to blame broken stuff on lizards Cassie, as in, THEY broke it, not that you broke stuff looking for them!)
Cassie here....I got caught right after mom arranged the pots...how did i know they would break so easily...I mean she's all into her "Zen Garden"...stuff and didnt appreciate the damage. I had to sit with the leash tied to the patio table...
Mom says its hard to see but there were lots of branches that got broken.
Ohmmmm
(Pictures are sideways)

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Xerxes here...well that doesn't sound zen of your mom!

(Jenn here...those pots and plants are beautiful, I hope they're salvageable!)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sophie here

Mom loves her succulents - but she doesn't understand that I am protecting them - the squirrels were trying to bury stuff in the pots - I swear!!! I'm sure Cassie was protecting her mom's plants too!!!

And the cats were the ones that pulled the rabbit foot ferns out of their pots - they were hunting - really!!!! I just got there at the wrong time - and was trying to pick the plants up!!!

Humans - they just don't understand how hard we work to try to help them!!!!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sophie here

Mom loves her succulents - but she doesn't understand that I am protecting them - the squirrels were trying to bury stuff in the pots - I swear!!! I'm sure Cassie was protecting her mom's plants too!!!

And the cats were the ones that pulled the rabbit foot ferns out of their pots - they were hunting - really!!!! I just got there at the wrong time - and was trying to pick the plants up!!!

Humans - they just don't understand how hard we work to try to help them!!!!
Cassie here...yah, thats the excuse Im giving mom...do you think she'll buy it...?? I cant help myself I have to go back and keep checking then I hear it...NO!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sophie here - it helps if you look really put upon and pathetic (no guilt). Mom rarely buys it, but Dad usually feels so sorry for me that he sneaks me a treat (or extra food)!!!!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sophie here - it helps if you look really put upon and pathetic (no guilt). Mom rarely buys it, but Dad usually feels so sorry for me that he sneaks me a treat (or extra food)!!!!
Good try Sophie but mom is watching me...I have to act casual...or get busted.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow its raining...so unexpected but nice... Cassie came running in and went straight to her bed...California Beags dont like rain...lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
Xerxes here...I don't like rain either Cassie!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
We had a heat wave like that in upstate NY too last weekend - yikes!!! NY beagles don't seem to like the rain either! It has cooled off though.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw the horrible heat wave that hit the east...that was something. Not good for anyone or animal.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
We are supposed to hit 90 tomorrow and stay in the 80s the 'rest' of the month. August is our hottest month. This has been a 'cool' July for us.
techie

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cassie has been outside causing more damage since she thought she saw a lizard behind the plants...oh man shes in big trouble.
Oh we just got a flash flood alarm...big clouds outside even though its 95°

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh geez Cassie!!!! Brutal!

·
Registered
941 Posts
We use baby gates and I find that a bit much. At least that's not outside.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts