Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here aree some more sophie pics. the one with the bow, she walked around most of the day like that. she doesn't mind it.

the blanket attack was a lucky shot. she loves to fight the blanket, and drags it around like linus.
the crate pic was just for fun cause she looked like she was pleadin her case to the warden for early parole.
the bath time shot seemd more soapy when i took the pic, i dunno what happened. finally, all tuckered out, she goes to her spot next to my bed. i don't know why she prefers to lay like that. no matter how nice i arrange the blanket and towel, she moves them until they are just like in the pic. she's very specific. hahaaha

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Mine refuse to leave the blankets all nice and neat also. They search for predators before laying down in them. lol Cute pictures of your little one.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Tonight the bow - Tomorrow the Crown!!

All hail, Her Royal Majesty, Princess Sophie!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Adorable pictures

Be careful with the harness on her all day long, it may give her a rash/burns under her legs... or cause bald spots on the harness lines...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ooh, thanks for the heads up, i didn't realize that! we leave it on her sometimes overnight. now i will take it off when she's in the house

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we switched back to the collar, and it seems she prefers the harness. however, with the collar, she is way more cuddly.
we'll be keeping the collar for a little while, till the pink on her belly wears off...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm looking at these with my kids, and the beagle in the bath is a big hit. I like the first one best.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Be careful with the harness on her all day long, it may give her a rash/burns under her legs... or cause bald spots on the harness lines...

Interesting you mention this. Roscoe wears a collar and always had and he has a red/bald spot on his neck. It is as loose as we can make it without it falling off. It doesn't hurt him or anything but I feel bad. We walk him with the harness b/c it works better but I am afraid to take the collar off b/c it has all his ID tags. In the event he ever got out I don't want him to be without his collar (even though he is microchipped). Is there a better collar out there I could use?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Originally Posted By: RosColeRoscoe wears a collar and always had and he has a red/bald spot on his neck. It is as loose as we can make it without it falling off. It doesn't hurt him or anything but I feel bad. We walk him with the harness b/c it works better but I am afraid to take the collar off b/c it has all his ID tags. In the event he ever got out I don't want him to be without his collar (even though he is microchipped). Is there a better collar out there I could use?
Tate has the same problem. What happens is that he scratches at the collar and spins it around and I think that is part of what rubs him raw. He even had a sore for a little while that scabbed over so the collar came off temporarily. I don't worry so much about the dogs getting loose so I do let them be collar free occasionally. All my dogs are microchipped too and if any get loose I am right after them, but like you I have their ID tags on them so I think it is important to wear their collars for the most part. I would just take the collar off while your home with your dog and give his neck a break. If you can let him be without it for about a week the hair will start to grow back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts