Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phoebe made it through the upper GI.  Our vet showed me pictures of the inside of her stomach which was badly ulcerated.  Poor baby!
Phoebe has been nauseated and throwing up and trying to fix the problem herself by eating grass.. lots of it!  Evidentally the grass made the problem worse(as it was a hard type grass and in long strands) and the endless cycle began.  She is now on otc prilosec, antibiotic and an ati-nausea drug for two weeks.  We are under strick orders to either leash walk her or stand with her during bathroom trips so she doesn't eat anymore grass.
  After 571.00(worth every penny) I know we can treat her problem rather easily.  Thanks again for all the support and well wishes!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Glad to hear it is easily treated, I still send good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery and that Phoebe feels better quickly!

Good luck with the grass eating, my guys LOVE to eat the grass even when they are feeling fine!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
In spite of the diagnosis, that is a great update! We always hope that things are fixable and it sounds like this problem definitely is. I know that many human ulcers are now treated very successfully with antibiotics. Gentle hugs to Miss Phoebe!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I completely understand the grass eating! When Daisy has one her episodes she gorges herself on grass.
Fortunately she usually throws it back up.

Glad to hear that you are going to be able to get it worked out though!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Although the condition sounds painful for Phoebe, I'm glad that it's something that can be treated effectively. Poor girl, give her a gentle tummy rub from me.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Shall keep our fingers crossed that Phoebe gets well soon. Its difficult to stop them eating grass. Susi has been ill for a few days and eats loads of grass, I think we'll try your vets advice and try to stop her. We think Susi has been eating root-mice again, little mice that kill trees by eating the roots.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Originally Posted By: A doghouseShall keep our fingers crossed that Phoebe gets well soon. Its difficult to stop them eating grass. Susi has been ill for a few days and eats loads of grass, I think we'll try your vets advice and try to stop her. We think Susi has been eating root-mice again, little mice that kill trees by eating the roots.
I have never heard of root-mice? How big are they?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts