Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took Summer and Kali to the PBM on Sunday. About 14 others showed up with their beagles. Summer was the social butterfly, sniffing and getting rubs from everyone. Kali did well. She was fine with all the other beagles. The star of the show though was Mabel. She is a 12 year old rescue that for 11 years was a breeding bitch at a puppy mill in Virginia. She was pregnant when they rescuued her last year (yes... pregnant at 11). She is blind in both eyes due to glaucoma and tumors. Yet she walked around sniffing and exploring. She even came when called. She is a special little lady.

Kali

The pack is trying to figure out what a Puggle is.

mabel and Summer

More of the pack
(all photos by Jen - Meetup organizer)

More picks can be found here:
http://beagles.meetup.com/23/calendar/8504466/

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great photos! Look like fun was had by all!
Bless you for rescueing Mabel!
I would love to have a Beagle meetup here too!
I know there are at least 2-3 in the city I live.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great photos! It's so wonderful that Mabel will be able to spend her final years in a loving home. Bless her, she's certainly earned it.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Sounds like fun! I'm so glad that Kali is fitting right in and getting along so well with her healing injuries.

I don't even know what to say about Mable...sounds like she had a pretty awful 11 years. Glad she was rescued and is still able to get around with her disabilities. It's just so sad to hear some of these horror stories.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts