Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Beagle hangs out with me at work every day, but has a habit of sleeping at the back of desks where all the wires are. He doesn't chew them, but he has pulled them out by accident a few times, and I'd much rather he didn't sleep there. Anyway I bought some 'Dog Be-Gone' pet repellent from our local pet shop to spray at the back of the desks where the wires are. It says on the bottle that pets will avoid that area, and that you can use it on your carpets, furniture etc, Great!!

So I went to my fathers desk first as that is where he most often gets in trouble for pulling wires out and gave it a good spray...

It smells like a lion peed under his desk! Its a really really strong, musky smell, and It just wont go away!! The whole office smells, and has done for days now, but my poor dad, it really wafts up from under his feet!!

To add insult to injury Bailey sauntered over to the area I sprayed and proceeded to roll himself in the smell and has been sleeping there ever since!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I'm actually going to have to get some carpet cleaning stuff to try and get rid of the smell over the weekend as we have a business meeting here on Monday. :smack: I don't mind that it didn't work (the beagle brain being strange and mysterious) but they could have put a warning about the smell on the bottle, I've bought these kinds of things before and they have NEVER smelt anything like this!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I know there is some kind of repellant that has a flowery smell.... maybe you should look for one. I can't promise it will work though...
I imagine you had a good laugh after recovering from the smell :hi:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Well, of course Bailey rolled in it--beagles do love to roll around in the stinkiest thing they can find!! :eyes: I'm sorry the spray is such foul-smelling stuff, and I agree they should have a warning on the label. Especially if you're gonna spray it on your carpet and such!! :raspberry:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A pet repellent that a beagle rolls in... You got to love it.

Remember is said PET repellent, not beagle repellent. Anyway, beagles are not pets. :hi:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
:toofunny: I am still laughing at the thought. Sorry but it is just too funny.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I bought some stuff like that to put in an indoor plant to keep the dogs away from it. What do you know, they were leaving the plant alone, I put the stuff in it and then they wouldn't leave the thing alone. I think for a beagle, a repellant is a good thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts