Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You have to read through the entire policy to see if its worth it for you.

Believe me, I wish we did have PI on Summer and Murphy. But would the policies have covered everything? I don't know, but they could have helped.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We do not believe in a "bail out" dollar amount. We have easily over $10,000 invested in Murphy and over $5,000 in Summer. None of that includes regular visits and minor problems. When it comes to them, money is no object.

We would only consider PTS when we can no longer keep them pain free or their quality of life deteriorates. As responsible owners, it is our duty to know when to let go of our companions and not let them suffer. Its the hardest thing we may ever have to do, but it is the last act of kindness we owe to our four-legged family members.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jassy: Coming in on this discussion a bit late but have you checked out the pet health insurance offered by AAA? I was surprised they had any. I also think that there is a link on the AKC website. From what I have looked at, I believe that there are policies that cover non-routine expenses and others that cover that as well as routine, the former being less expensive. Also, be sure to read fine print to see if policy covers pre-existing conditions. In hindsight, I wish I had insurance for Maggie. $200 today for labs/exam/meds; $300+ in 3 weeks for more tests ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.