Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for all the really good advice on pet and puppy food in this forum. I have Molly on Innova Puppy Food and she really likes it (of course I am not sure what she doesn't like yet but I feel good feeding it to her.) I was one of those people that figured, dog food was dog food right? Then I was watching How Its Made on the Discovery Channel and they were showing how dog food kibble is made. It was all corn! I was confused, I mean shouldn't meat be the main ingredient in dog food? Innova has a list of solid healthy ingredients and I feel really good feeding it to my Molly. So thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I started Hailey on Innova as well from reading the forum. I can already tell she loves it better than the Iams puppy chow I had her on before. I'd also like to thank everyone for their input and whoever made that scoring system for the different foods is my new hero...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have to say, the food I thought was really good, only scored 2 out of 6 stars! Luckily, I found some for the same price that is 5 stars, the Canidae. And the best part is, it is an all stages dog food, meaning 1 year old Duke and 12 year old Cassie can both thrive on it! Would never have had so many resources and reviews had it not been for BW posters. Thanks from me too!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I agree, I also thought that dog food is dog food. I see now that it's not. Daisy is on Blue Buffalo right now which seems to be one of the higher quality foods that I can still get at PetSmart. I am thinking of switching her to Innova/Evo but I would probably have to order it online. I went to Pet Land but they didn't carry it at the store near me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally Posted By: DaisysMomI agree, I also thought that dog food is dog food. I see now that it's not. Daisy is on Blue Buffalo right now which seems to be one of the higher quality foods that I can still get at PetSmart. I am thinking of switching her to Innova/Evo but I would probably have to order it online. I went to Pet Land but they didn't carry it at the store near me.
Do you have a Pet Supplies Plus anywhere near you? Thats where I get mine and they'll special order most anything. Check the store locator Pet Supplies Plus Linky

·
Registered
303 Posts
Aliesha, did they not carry it at all or were they out of stock? Both the ones near me carry it. Maybe they could order it from a different store for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.