I just recently had to call Animal Poison Control , $65 later. I was told to use 4tsp Hydrogen peroxide for my 20lb beagle. Repeat 15 minutes . However she did not lick it all either time but did throw upIf your dog has just eaten something bad, use salt. A teaspoon of salt for a beagle. It sounds bad but make them swallow it. If they havent thrown up within 5 min repeat. I used this for my doberman (only 2 tbs) after she ate an entire box of chocolates. It sounds bad but its better than poinson. I would still suggest taking the dog to the vet after if it was posion. Just to be sure.
Hydrogen peroxide works as well, but only as a last resort.