Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I used the children's dosing when giving Maggie Pepto-Bismol and I strongly recommend using a syringe. The first time I attempted to give it to her I used a spoon and ended up with pink stuff all over!
Considering Maggie is on 10 different daily meds, I am very, very thankful that my vet is willing to help me save money on them in whatever way I can. Here in the U.S. I can get two of her meds for $4.00 at Target and I just got her anti-fungal med from up north. I order others on-line. My vet will give me prescriptions whenever I need them and will give me as few or as many doses as I want.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That looks awsome, very hepful. Maybe Jamie can place it as an important informative post.... so it would be easier to find in case of need.

I didn't get a chance to even need it (thank god) but who knows...Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I've used Pepto Bismol for dogs over the years. Using a syringe can get messy, so I like the tablets. When giving it to Li'l Girl, I give one tablet. It does help, and none of my dogs ever had and ill effects from it.

I also use generic benedryl. Traveler has an itching problem, so he gets 1 tablet in his breakfast, and 1 tablet with supper. I do think it helps, and it hasn't done him any harm.

The other thing I use from time to time is dramamine for car sickness. Li'l Girl gets nervous and drools excessively when riding, so I give her one tablet about an hour before she has to ride in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.