Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh I hate when people always feel the need to butt in with their opinions when they were not asked. If someone has something helpful to say please then by all means say something to me I welcome all the advice I can get....BUT I hate when people open their mouth and say something mean or rude or just plain stupid about beagles (specifically mine lol) and they don't even have a clue about the breed. ( I wouldn't go and inform anyone about a great dane since I have to idea about the breed.)

I've heard stupid stuff out of peoples mouths at the dog park and what not but today at work I wanted to smack one of the guys I work with. I was sitting at my desk texting a friend on my phone and he comes over and asks bout what I'm texting (he's new here only been working a few days). So I tell him "oh I'm just texting a friend to see if she'll watch my dog next weekend" (I'm driving 4 hours to see my mom and don't want to make max be in the car the entire time for only 2 days) So he was asking me what kind of dog I have and he told him a 11 month old beagle. He went off saying oh she'll never want to watch him then ugghhh a beagle no one would watch one. I said why not? Oh all they do is bark and their loud and dont listen yadayadayada. Ok buddy you never met my dog and the only beagle you've seen is at the dog park where all dogs are hyper and having fun playing with eachother.

On a better note my friend is watching max I knew that she would, she's got a dog that's grown up with max. We are looking forward to it becuase Max will be healed from his nuetering and I think he'll really enjoy a whole weekend to play with his buddy even if he misses us lol.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Some people shouldn't be allowed to speak /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/exactly.gif
We have a saying here at work "Make sure brain is in motion before engaging jaw"

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Ahhhh, just don't mind him. We all know how great beagles are - and remember, they don't even know what the're missing!!!

But I understand how you feel..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pimp.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know to just blow them off but he's comments just really rubbed me the wrong way, I'm having a long day so I'm sure they bugged me more than usual.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Good thing I don't have time now - almost done at work for the week - YEA!!!!!!!!! But there are a couple of things wrong with this guy like being too nosey and then being an idiot about Beagles. Anyway, wanted to keep my reply on the nice side - at least for the time being. There may be more later - wonder if I can find out how I get to my blog(off-site) that I created - this is good subject material - don't worry - no names will be involved.
C U all later............

·
Registered
250 Posts
that drives me nuts... when people ask what kind of puppy i have and i respond with " i have a beagle baby" they always give me that look like "wow your crazy" and ya sure he is a hand ful and sometimes i wanna scream but he is a puppy.. and i love him...

people should just not talk about things they dont know about... grrrr

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I haven't really had anyone make negative remarks about beagles to me. Maybe that's because people in the south are generally fond of hounds. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif It would upset me, though, if someone did badmouth beagles to me. Can't imagine how anyone could find fault with such great dogs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/exactly.gif

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree with Sandyj in that hounds in general are pretty beloved here in the South. That guy sounds like a total idiot besides being a jerk. I probably would've jack-slapped him, lol.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hate people like that. They think they know everything. There are a couple of people I've met who've never had a Beagle but think they know it all. I just ignore them. I've even had people tell me that I should get rid of Jersey because of her separation anxiety issues. Would you give up your kid if they had behavioral problems??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pimp.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Occasionally someone will say something bad about Beagles to me, but I try not to let it bother me. For the most part I only hear about some Beagle they knew or had as a child, etc... I figure I am a little prejudice when it comes to my babies and there are a few breeds out there that I too don't care much for and/or that I don't know much about, but that is what makes our world so great. Thankfully there are people to love all different types/breeds. I for one would never own a pit bull, but all the people I know that have one think they are the best dogs in the world. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Sheesh, some people! Bad enough he butted into your businesss by asking you what you were texting, but how DARE he diss on your pooch!! What a jerk! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hyper.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts