Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ugh!homer has started peeing in the house again and i don't know why!he gets taken outside plenty during the day and there are 3 people in the house who give him lots of love and attention.sometimes he won't even let us know he has to pee(he usually does)-just goes in the kitchen and does it-like an hour after just went out too.and we found out tonight he has been peeing in grams room when he goes to visit her.she doesn't see him do it but our wet socks tell a different story.but the funny thing is-is that he knows he was bad and was not supposed to pee in the house!he will walk by us in the living room will his head down,tail between his legs,a give us the sad face and go to his cage.everytime i see him do that i go looking and sure enough there is pee somewhere.any ideas on why he's not tellng us he has to go out again and going in the house?he picked up on potty training pretty quickly(he was not allowed in grams room till he was potty trained)he learned that when he asked gram to go out she did not take him(she can't hear or see well enought to know he has to go)so he knows to come to us if he has to go out.he hasn't had an accident in months-even held it in for 16 hours and 10 hours before(not planned)while he was loose in the kitchen(gated off) with food and water so i can't understand why he is doing this now.

G

·
Hmmm, I don't know either. I would just try bringing Homer out more often than usual... If it's still happening then maybe a trip to the vet could answer your question. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Good luck!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Maybe ban him from your Grans room for a while. I know our Snoopy is not to be trusted if he gets into a room he is not normally allowed. This is his way of 'marking' to let other males know that room is his territory. You will know if this is the case if there are just wet areas, usually up against furniture legs, rather than large puddles. Restrict him to the areas you had before and see if that works.

·
Registered
614 Posts
isn't there a thing called the belly belt? it supposely help keep males from marking in the house i think. Not really familiar with it but maybe someone here can help.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
1) If he isn't already fixed, get him fixed. We got our male fixed at age 4. He marked in the house terribly bad. But after being fixed, he didn't mark again in the house.

2) Get your vet to check him for urinary problmes.

3) Try cleaning his favorite peeing spots real good. Try sprinking pepper around where he likes to pee.

4) Try the doggie underwear or belly bands.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he was banned from grams room until he was house trained.i think the problem is gram now-she refuses to be firm with him-she talks to him in such a sweet sugary voice all the time-like baby talk.now i'm not saying she needs to yell at him or anything but she does need to be firmer.we don't want to ban him again from her room-we think it's better if he learns not to pee in there or else when he starts going in there again all he is gonna do is potty more-i think he needs to hear the firmess in her voice and to hear her tell him no also.i am so frustrated with her and her not wanting to help out with training and just wanting to spoil homer.i feel like she undoes everything we are teaching him by letting him do whatever he wants in there no matter how much we tell her she needs to stop that.we ar going to get him fixed in jan so hopefully that helps-and i don't think pepper will work with him.we tried that outside with black pepper,cayanne pepper,spicy cajun seasonings,various hot sauces and all he did was eat them and want more :rolleyes: i heard dogs hate citrus so i had some orange smelling freshner spray for the carpet and loves rolling on it when i spray it-he is so strange!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.