Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone! I had a week and a half off work so I took a week and a half away from the computer too. But now I'm back and I need some help.

Caesar is a year and a half old and has been house trained for a while now. But for about the past month and a half he's been peeing in the house again! We don't always catch him in the act, but when we do we startle him so he stops, then take him outside. But I often find dried pee spots around the house. The other day I was washing the dishes and felt a furry body leaning against the back of my legs. I assumed that it was Caesar because he always does this but when I looked down it was Emma. I looked around for Caesar and he was standing a few feet away with a disgusted look on his face. He stood like that the entire time I washed the dishes, then he walked over to Emmas bed and peed on it!

We are working with him about his dominance issues and correcting them so he knows that he is not the boss. We watch the Dog Whisperer a lot. I'm wondering if peeing in the house is his way of telling us that he's the alpha dog. Should we start at square one - taking him out and praising him when he pees outside? Also, we don't kennel him at night. I'm all for it, but my hubby doesn't want to. Will this help too?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
How long have you had Emma? Sounds like Caesar is 'marking' to say Emma is his. Snoopy does this sometimes. Worse still we have caught him peeng ON Susi!!! we wondered why she smelt so bad. One has to be behind him all the time, try and catch Caesar in the act and put him outside with a firm NO.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Has he been fixed? Pooh Bear marked in the house until he was 4. We got him fixed at age 4 and after the surgery he didn't mark in the house again. Marking is usually when the male pees on the side of something. Like the side/bottom of the couch. Or on the corner of a table or chair. Pooh used to like to pee at the base of the stove.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed that the pee spots are mostly around/on Emma's bed so we moved her bed to the other side of the room last night. Yup, he peed on it. So how do I stop Caesar from trying to dominate her and pee on her bed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts