Our Beagle World Forums banner

Peeing every hour or hour and a half

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mom of 2 Beagles 
#1 ·
Sorry for all the questions!! I'm a little concerned about Daisy. She has been peeing every hour or hour and a half all night long. I know we've only had her a week, but up until last night she could go 3 hours or so. She does have a puppy check today with the vet so I will ask then, but I wanted to see if this seemed normal to you other Beagle owners who had yours as puppies.

Thanks!
Daisy and Aliesha

#2 ·
Did she have a lot of water last night? Since she'd been able to "go" 3 hours, I'd definitely check with the vet UNLESS she'd been extra thirsty - you might limit her water after her dinner. Your vet is the one who can tell you if there's a possibility of a UTI. Tho I've had a LOT of puppies here, and never had a UTI in one that young. Good luck to that sweet baby! She is adorable!

#5 ·
Collecting "samples" from pups can be interesting. My former employer had a mini Schnauzer with diabetes and he had to collect samples "often" - he rigged a "cup" on a stick that he could "sneak" under her when she squatted. When my Lab/Shepherd had some problems, my vet followed her around with a Pyrex bowl and got it underneath her when she "squatted", too. I've heard of people using a plastic baggie on a "stick" to do the same thing. Timing is everything with whatever method you use! Good luck!

#6 ·
What we use is a yard stick with a small tuna can (empty and well washed). Little boys are easier to "catch" than little girls. Whatever you do try not to startled your pup. You do not want her to see you coming and turn into a sneaky piddler so she doesn't have to contend with you running up and shoving a stick under her bottom. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.