Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so grouse perhaps someone else has experienced this.

IT WAS NOT MY BEAGLE.Charlie

IT WAS MY NEWER ADDITION I spoke about awhile back and he's not a Beagle.

Anyhooo He is potty trained is 2 years old.

at 4:11 am I woke up feeling kinda soaked I'm like what the hell, My pillows my hair,layer by layer I removed each pillow, Soaked each one, and the head of the sheet and my hair, I'm like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gawd where are you you little *f'er sorry for the language:(,
He joined daddy in his room, well I left it cause I never caught him in the act, and I was boiling did not want to punish him when the rage was firing I might not think to well.....I KNOW IT WAS HIM, cause He tends to sneak in areas to piddle during the night when everyone is sleeping I caught him a few times.
What type of dog does this? I thought dogs don't pee where they lay, what the hell and on me of all things. arghhhhh anyone have this problem?
I thought about putting him away during the night, however it's not fare because of charlie gets free roam, what about dog diapers anyone use them? how are they? hey any advice will help, as I'm going to be spending a lot of time now CLEANING the mess today, nothing like smelling like dog urine sheeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

sorry angry

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Maybe he is marking his territory you!. Don't feel bad about keeping one kenneled at night and not the other. Two of mine are kenneled and two are not. They deal with it just fine.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Been there - feel your pain. No real answers, though... other than not to let him drink too much water later at night, make sure he pees right before bed - none of which are fail safe other than not letting him sleep with you.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Oooh, yuck! I'd be mad too!

To keep Menolly from having accidents I pick up her water an hour before bedtime and it works perfectly. Whenever I don't she either wakes me up in the 'wee hours' (pun intended LOL) or has an accidnt in my room. She's only peed on my bed once, though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe....Ummm your right it sounds like I'm under him and He's the leader....ohh I'm so Honored I'm part of HIS SOLO PACK. He should know I'm the pack leader. He will learn soon enough ummmmm I hope.

Beags....I can't help feeling bad I read on diapers gonna get them tonight.

Booker.........ack for you too then uh? I will take water away at night, as for not sleeping with me, catch 22 charlie does when he wants too,soooo again I will feel bad, I want him to feel like part of the family.

Star, charlie wakes me Up for some reason new dog Rolo, rather sneak peek and be a terror 2 year old this is what this dog reminds me off, top it off He's dashound crossed with Jack russell haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhha ahhhh *pulls hair*

You think dogs learn from other dogs seeing Charlie was here before him

Not to Boost up My Charlie, But He would not dream of Peeing on Me, ok maybe in his Dreams but not as His Leader, and He's 2 too.

Thanx for all responses.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sorry, I realized my post was of no help. Just know that we have been there.

Do control how much water they get before bed and let them out right before as a final potty run (if you have a fenced in yard). We have become very attune to them jumping off the bed late at night and one of us will let them out if necessary.

JRT? There is some extra energy in that dog for sure.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is he toilet trained or neutered? How old is he?

If one of my dogs peed on me I would seriously be looking at my leadership and where the dog sees himself in the pack. Intentionally urinating on the owner is a sign of complete disrespect.

I would be inclined to contain him to another room or train him to sleep in crate at night, if he is urinating purely to mark his territory this needs to be stopped.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
both dogs are neutered and both 2 years old:)

Yeh Rolo is higher than high energy, I did not know this when adopting him his personality etc, everything they said was false, none the less I'm dealing with it, and the pee thing really made me step up my game with him.

last night I placed him out when I went to bed for pee, took water away, seeing charlie does not drink water at night anyhow, put a pad on rolo, and was not as loving to him all day and night, this morning I checked everywhere and no pee, however pee thing is in spurts, and the pee on me was first, I have to keep a closer eye on him. and also building them, a higher bed, seeing they like my bed I will take there beds and raise them somehow so they feel they are on a bed but not mine. maybe will help.

Above post I mentioned are dogs not suppose to learn from eachother? Charlie knows I'm higher he shows respect inside the house, I just don't get it. anyhoooo

·
Registered
667 Posts
hehe....sorry but this makes me laugh b/c Marbles, almost 2 yrs, still has accidents in the house....and I feel your pain!

He claws at us at like 4am to walk him and we ignored him at first, it was only like 4 hours since we last took him out, then Ron (FI) woke up with poo on his pillow after ignoring him one day....OMG...NOW we walk him..he lets us know...but we are kinda mad b/c one of us has to stay up at night to walk them late so the other can get a full sleep b/c when daylight comes, Marbles will claw us and bug us until we walk him at 4 or 5am.....

Snoopy can hold it for hours and hours

But we now had to buy a new comforter b/c they get so excited when we come home that they will play and pee on the bed...I think that is Snoopy b/c he is WAY excited all the time but we havent caught them in action b/c the zoomie around and up and down on the bed when we come home after a few hours!!

good luck
manda

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
When we first got Susi and Snoopy (aged 6 at the time) Susi would jump onto the bed to pee and then jump down again. She was confused. Snoopy would mark the rooms as he put an early claim on Susi. Hotels were a nightmare, and we also went through several carpets at home. That all stopped like magic and they havent done anything indoors for over a year. However, Snoopy has a horrid habit of peeing on Susi in the garden!!A sure sign of his claim on her.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Umm for the crate thing, not only do I not think it's fare cause Charlie is not in one.

Rolo the one who peeed on me was confined to a crate for most full days for a year and a half....so I am not that HOT on having him in one, even though I should cause that's what he knows, I want him to experience love and full life with us.

I got him puppy pads and i place it on night, so yes he has piddle in his pad and feels like he's punished in some way, charlie tries to take it off of Rolo haha I say no, and keep rolo close to me making him feel secure, starting tonight I won't have him in his diaper, He tends to wanna go piddle the time he peed on me just after 4am as I'm been keeping myself light sleep so I can observe him even when sleeping, so tonight around 4 i will wake and tell him pee pee and take him outside....he really needs to learn to wake me up rather than me having to be a light sleeper to be worried to go into full sleep.

I don't want perfect dogs, I just want certain behavours that are not acceptable, number 1 would be peeing, on HUMANS or indoors lol

Yeh I heard people train smaller dogs to go in a littler box.....how hard is this has anyone tried it? uh uh? tell me tell me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts