Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peanut is scheduled for her spay on June 11th. It is really strange that I have had dogs my entire life and have had every one of them spayed/neutered, but I am really nervous with Peanut's. I guess I am reaching out just to hear that everything is going to be okay.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Everything will be fine. You know in your heart that it will be better for her. Paws and fingers crossed for her, but I know she will be fine.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I can soooo relate. I've had MANY dogs in my life, and all were spayed/neutered - but the day I had Chloe spayed, I CRIED all day! She was so little, and she's always been so bonded with me (more than any dog I've ever had in my life) -
I was a nervous wreck - but she was fine!! I have every confidence that Miss Peanut will be just fine, too!
Big hugs to Peanut AND you!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was really nervous when Chloe was spayed, but it all went great, and 2 hours after we got back home (didn't stay overnight) she was jumping off the sofa.... and onto the bed.

It will be okay

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I know exactly what you're feeling and going through. I don't have the date set yet, but Maggie will be 6 months old on June 24th, so I need to call the vet and set it up. I'm just dreading it though!

Peanut will be just fine (as I know Maggie will be also) so try not to worry about it too much. And be sure and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I don't know why I am freaking out so bad about this...but for some reason I am. Maybe it's what you said Glenda. I feel like I have bonded with her soooooo much. I guess maybe even more than I was aware of. I guess it's true what you have all been telling me since I joined BW. There IS just something about a beagle......

·
Registered
667 Posts
I freaked out with Snoopy's teeth getting cleaned...so I total understand..for some reason it didnt bother me with Marbles getting neutered, maybe b/c he was so young, I know that they normally do well and he did. Peanut will do just fine and you'll be so glad you did it.!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well...tomorrow is the day. I thought I was nervous before. But now I am totally freaking. I probably won't sleep much tonight, but I do thank each and every one of you for your words of support. You are all awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Peanut...I have no doubt you'll do just fine! Just think of all the sympathy treats you'll be getting!

Maggie's big day is Monday July 7th...even though I know she'll be fine, I'm pretty much freaking out too!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Good luck tomorrow! Hope everything goes well!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The spay is completed. Everything went fine (but of course you all told me it would)

She was still pretty groggy through most of the night last night, however when she would wake up she would turn those sad little puppy eyes on me and give me the OUCH look. Silly me...I felt guilty....like I was the one that hurt her.

But this morning she actually woke up enough to eat.

Thanks again everybody!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts