Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined and wanted to say hi. My name is Deb and I live in Colorado. I would also like to introduce you to Peanut. She is 8 weeks old....and I just got her yesterday. I am so looking forward to belonging to this forum and sharing stories. So without further ado......peanut......

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Many other dogs have owned me in the past but this is my first beagle. I will probably be reaching out to you all for help in the near future.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif Peanut definitely deserves a "puppy alert" -- she is just magnificent! Looking forward to lots more pics and tales of your adventures -- and there will be many of those.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
She is so beautiful. Those sad eyes...they just make your heart melt. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

Welcome to BW! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all of Peanuts stories.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow, Peanut is adorable. Definitely puppy alert!!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

The most important thing you should know: <span style="color: #FF0000">we LOVE pictures</span>!!!

Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/toofunny.gif Hello & welcome to you & Peanut - she is a cutie pie. Supposedly I added a pic to this post but when I preview it, I don't see it. If there is one here - the taller dog is my Shiloh - soon to be 5 yr old and a registered therapy dog. The shorter one is my little girl Shasta - she will be 2 yrs old on October 8th. I am hoping she will be my newest therapy dog later this year - in the meantime she will start her intermediate level of obedience training this Saturday. Keep this in mind as Peanut grows - Shiloh was my first Beagle too and I got him just before he was 8 weeks. Several people tried to convince me that he was too much for me to handle - especially due to my balance problems and his size, 16 inches when he matured plus weighing 38 pounds. He has really mellowed the last 2-3 years and I am so glad I didn't listen to them. It is Shasta who is the hyper one but then she is not yet 2 and it is a fact that Beagles do not mature mentally until around 2.

Now I have probably said much more than I needed to - that's what happens sometimes when I start talking about 2 of my favorite subjects - Beagles in general and my Beagles specifically.

Again, welcome and like the others, I look forward to watching Peanut grow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome Deb and Peanut! She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. Love those long beagle ears! There is a lot of beagle experience here - so if you have a question, just ask! Glenda 'n the pack
Princess, Romeo, Chloe, JoJo, Tanna, Lottie, Joe, Jack, Bella and Angel

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome Deb and Peanut. I hope you find this group to be very helpful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Welcome Deb and Peanut! We're new here too, Bernie the 8 week husky beagle cross and myself Kym. I've already found everyone to be most gracious and understanding of my "puppy issues". Anything you need to know, these people here can help, or hold your hand!

Take care, and love your pup. She's adorable. Kym</span>

·
Registered
702 Posts
What a darling baby girl!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif Welcome to you and Peanut, a little sweetheart if I ever saw one!

A first-time beag owner?! You're in for the ride of your life /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif and for the love of your life!!

Hope you'll have fun here!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow! What a welcome. Thanks to everybody. Peanut is already spoiled and showing who's the new boss in town, especially with her big brother (a yellow lab/boxer mix who outweighs her by a good 70 pounds).

I will be posting more pictures of Peanut soon. One quick question though. Should I be posting them in a specific area of the forum?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. You have a beautiful pup there and we look forward to hearing all about her adventures.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts