Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I have asked this before....at what age did you first give your dog peanut butter?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke was fairly young, maybe 4 months, when we starting filling his Kong with it. He loved it from day one!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad you asked this Paula, I've been wondering the same thing!

If Duke was around 4 months, then I think I might try the PB with Gracie this week, thanks!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I don't remember when we first gave them peanut butter but boy oh boy do they love it!! I love giving it to them right off my finger b/c they are hysterical to watch eating it!

·
Registered
890 Posts
It is fun to have them lick stuff off you finger. That is unless they havn't learned not to try to eat your finger too. When we first had Jasmine, we called her the pirahna. She learned not to have peanut butter and finger sandwiches eventually.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally Posted By: Tucker's DadIt is fun to have them lick stuff off you finger. That is unless they havn't learned not to try to eat your finger too. When we first had Jasmine, we called her the pirahna. She learned not to have peanut butter and finger sandwiches eventually.
Good thing she doesn't try to eat your finger anymore!
Our guys are funny because all three of them are very careful NOT to to get my finger, they are especially funny if they get some on their noses!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I just gave him about a teaspoon off my finger...he liked it!! Was looking for more, but I figure we'll take it slow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Let Gracie tried some peanut butter last night and as expected (from everyone's posts!) she LOVED it! Her tail was wagging so much I expected her to lift off the ground a bit! The unexpected was how gentle she was. Hubby and I both gave her some off a finger and even with how excited she was, and how thoroughly she cleaned our fingers, she was a gentle as I have ever seen her. This came as a huge surprise as we are working on her biting/nipping right now! I wonder if I could work this into her training somehow to think less of fingers as chew toys?!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Daisy and Rocky love PB. They were 2 when we got them and I'm thinking they probably didn't get a lot of treats prior to that. We recently got them some peanut butter/yogurt/carob treats from the doggie bakery that we go to. They love them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts