Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we had a huge snowfall this weekend and my two beagles LOVE playing in the snow.
Roscoe goes absolutely nuts and is a kick to watch! However, last night and today I notice that he is favoring his right rear paw when out in the snow and he was even limping!
I am wondering if it is just from the snow being too cold for his paws? He didn't have this issue last year. I don't keep them out for long at all and in the house he is fine. I checked his hind paws and he lets me touch them, there isn't any visible problem, and he does not limp or favor the paw in the house!
I am concerned as winter is just beginning!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Most likely it's just a reaction to the snow! Homer the huge
has not acted like he did as a pup by trampling all of it!
As it has turned out, Jethro porpoised his way thru the new
3 feet of powder snow as if he were a porpoise! Lucky for him
I cleared a potty & activity area for him & Homer!

·
Registered
147 Posts
We've got a ton of snow as well. Regal had a blast running around the yard on Sunday. I have noticed when out for potty breaks that he will pick one of his rear paws up - not sure if it's always the same one (but know I'll carefully observe). I gave him a wipedown last night and know I dried his paws and he didn't put up a fuss (well - no more than the usual fuss!) so I doubt it's bothering him.

Maybe like us putting a hand in a pocket, trying to keep it warmer by not touching the snow???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts