Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Here is a link to an article on pancreatitis:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1580&articleid=335

Also read that the holidays are a common time for dogs to develop symptoms -- lots of yummy, fatty, foods around to taste! You said you are "trying" to give just dog food and doggie only treats. If you want to keep the pups from getting sicker, you need to be really strict about food intake. Lots of dog foods and doggie only treats are high in fat. Look for food and treats that are less than 5% fat content -- you need to start reading labels. If Pooh Bear isn't interested in the new choices, don't give in -- he will eventually realize that there is nothing else coming his way!

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Spook's problem isn't with his pancreas, but treating it is about the same. At first, I gave him boiled chicken breast and rice, then I ground sensitive digestion food to powder and put water on it until it was semi-liquid (nasty stuff!), now I'm soaking his sensitive tummy food for awhile before feeding him. So far, so good.

I feed his twice a day, and the vet said it wouldn't hurt if I broke it down to 3 or 4 times a day. Right now, I don't feel that's necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.