Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend my husband and I began painting the inside of our house. We blocked Toughy off from the room we were in but he still somehow maneuvered his way in there and went straight for the paint. He managed to get a mouthful, the whole inside and outside of his mouth/snout were covered in beige paint. My husband immediately rushed him to the bathroom to wash his mouth/snout while I called the emergency vet (as by this time regular vet was closed). They told me to call animal poison control. Long story short, it was water based paint which is not toxic but can cause stomach upset if enough was eaten. He never ended up having any issues. I've never had a dog eat paint before so I was frantic and clueless. Seriously dog, paint?!? We joke about it now since he is fine, crazy beagles!

This picture was taken later when we realized he still had a little on him.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Oh boy, at least the paint wasnt a bright pink...lol. always looking for mischief and working our nerves. Glad he's ok.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any painted poop yet?...lol
LOL! Nope! Yesterday I grabbed a paint brush and he followed me around trying to grab it, silly dog. It seems as though he is starting to go through his second chewing phase, oh joy, lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s good that he’s okey. I can get very paranoid when it comes to my dog. I think I would have gone nuts if this happened to my doggo. Even though it’s not such a big deal, I tend to get over-protective of him. I remember when my boyfriend and I started painting the exterior of our house, we did such a mess overall. And Luna couldn’t stop running around the place and destroying everything. In that moment we realized we should hire professional to do the job, and we will keep Luna inside the house. The guys from Cheap Painting Services Singapore for House, HDB, Condo by Best Painter did such a great job and overall, we were very happy with our decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts