Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Im not sure where about in Australia you are but there really is no such thing as a good pet shop that sells pups/dogs of any age, breed or type. The lack of socilaisation, correct medical attention and generally being weaned from their mothers at a younger age than they should be are just a few of of the daily issues we have to deal with :eyes:

Most dogs in Pet Shops here in Victoria are from BYB and Puppy Mills and things are out of control. 90% of the dogs that come through rescue are being sold by 15 year old kids in pet shops who have no idea what each breed or their needs are and the only thing that matters is the $$$$$ thats cashed up out of the tills at the end of the day.

Beagles are one of the most popular breeds being mass produced here in Victoria and the ammount of pups comming through sick, poorly bred and suffering from other issues such as poor temprement is out of control. There is one pet shop here in Melbourne that has stopped selling dogs/cats and now only advertise shelter dogs/cats, they are the only Pet Shop we will endorse with live animals.

***I also would not have taken the pup back there and got my money back, poor little thing will prob never get the medical help it needs.

Quote:Originally posted by GloverCharlie:
That makes me really sad!

I would never buy a pet from a pet store except for one here in Australia called Petworks

They have medically trained staff taking care of the animals and then store staff to take care of the others. Their animals always look healthy and well taken care of. I wish there where more of them!

· Registered
584 Posts
I must say I agree with Murphy's Dad. I would've kept the pup and got him well.

My Mom, God rest her, always told us kids that any pet who came into our house would only leave "feet first" (in other words only death would be the reason).

Even though our Vinny's epilepsy cost us a fortune (I think we paid for the bulk of our vet's new wing!!) and he died from it in the end, I knew we gave him possibly the best two and a half years of his life. His love and affection were enough payback for me.

Well, that's my 2 cents. We all learn sooner or later not to buy from a pet store. I bought a Dachshund from a pet store and he had some kind of bowel infection which, of course, we got treated right away. I think I'll stick with the rescues!

Monica and Daisy

· Registered
841 Posts
I stopped by P.J.'s yesterday to check on the pup. There was only one puppy in the display box (moved to the lower left box) so I don't know if it's the one in question but he was crying the whole time I was there. It broke my heart. But I didn't see any stool with blood in it. Cute dog though! I wouldn't give him back even if was sick. I almost took him home with me!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.