Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up Lucky's appointment to be neutered. They want to keep him overnight. Is that odd?

·
Registered
786 Posts
No I don't think it is. My vet always keeps them over night when either its a spay or neuter. He likes to make sure they aren't groggy when they go home.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.k., good to hear!! Toby came home same day, so I wasn't sure what to think.

·
Registered
786 Posts
All of my animals always stayed over night, so I thought it was weird when people said there animals came home the same day?

Always better safe then sorry. Also Lucky will be a little quieter there than at home.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
My vet keeps the girls over night and sends the boys home the same day. I like the spend the night idea simply because they are under the care of the vet for extra time.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My vet NEVER keeps them overnight for spaying or neutering. He's spayed or neutered at least 8 of my dogs (both past and curent) - and there has NEVER been a problem. Even when Lottie was spayed during her c-section, she came right home with me - and when Chloe had her anal glands removed she came home the same day. I think unless there is some serious problem with the surgery, they are probably better off in their own homes. My boys usually wake up feeling fine - the girls take a little longer. My biggest problem is keeping them QUIET for a couple of days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, the only place I have seen them not keep them overnight is our low cost clinic, otherwise we have had them stay overnight which is good in case of complications etc.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe didn't stay overnight. Neither did any of my cousins dogs (2 Shih Tzus)... I've heard some vets do keep overnight for observation and the next morning the pup goes home.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Both Spencer and Sydney were day surgeries, drop them off at 8:00 and pick them up between 2:00 and 4:00. I have never heard of a male ever having to stay the night when being neutered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.