Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having breakfast, when Hunter wanted to go outside. I noticed a look she gave Casey as I got up from the table to let her out. It was as if to say "o.k the coast is clear go for it" as soon as I was far enough away from the table Casey went for my food!! Good thing I caught the co-conspiriters before I lost my breakfast. Nothing like being double teamed Lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
LOL! Smart pair you've got there! Partners in crime.

Quote:Originally posted by Buddy's Ma:
Funny! Have you ever caught them stealing the food, and say NO and to them NO means faster? hee hee hee
Yes! Jersey does that too! Whenever I try to get something out of her mouth it's like she's got to chomp it down even faster.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Buddy's Ma:
Funny! Have you ever caught them stealing the food, and say NO and to them NO means faster? hee hee hee
Yes! Jersey does that too! Whenever I try to get something out of her mouth it's like she's got to chomp it down even faster. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I use this to my advantage. When i give Buddy his daily Benadryl (he has allergies)...if he starts to act like he won't eat it...i will pretend to take it away and say NO and he gobbles it up fast. Sometimes the reverse psychology works on dogs too. :evilgrin: Sometimes i tell him i will give it the cat if he doesn't want it...that works too. hee hee

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That's funny. Cassie used to do soemthing similar when she was younger. We'd be at the table eating and she'd start barking like someone was at the door. We'd get up to go look and she'd run back toward our plates.

If Cassie and Duke ever figure out how to put their sneakiness together, I will be hating it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hahah that is SOO cute!! I wish i could get another friend for Arty but I have a feeling I would be freqently outsmarted because Arty's a quick learner and he's also got some sneaky tricks up his sleeve to teach a new dog!

One time I was leaving my mom's house early in the morning. My mom had made me breakfast and left it on the table to cool down a little bit. I decided to take that time to pack up my car and she came out to help me. We called Arty but he wouldnt come out - we figure it was because he was sad to leave my mom's house and also because it was so cold so we were like "oh how cute what a cute little dog." Well you can figure out what happened next right? We came back in ready to eat and guess who had already helped himself to eggs? Yeap. But it was so cute we couldnt get mad. We just learned to push ALL dining table chairs in at all times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts