Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of January 2009 we will be discontinuing the ability to use out side photo sources for displaying photo's with in the Beagle World community.

We will be allowing for you to upload your photo on to the server by way of the File Manager to upload and display your pictures in the post's and with in the community.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, as we had mentioned earlier in this thread were going to stop the use of outside photo hosting through image tags in the message system. Any future use of the tags will not display a photo from any out side source.

The reason being this is the constant practice of script kiddies finding ways to implant many different viruses in these sites causing many unsuspecting users to get infected and have sever difficulty getting rid of the virus. We are not implying that you your self as members of this community have ever taken such an action but recently the problem has become very severe across many image hosting places and across image libraries from many users infecting thousands of users viewing content from these sites.

We have provided an image upload area on this site almost a year ago as requested by some of our members as well as placed a large amount of space aside for this site and image hosting for it, about 900 gig of space, so everyone will still be able to display photo's in the site.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This site resides in a Terabyte HDD. There is plenty of space on the site to host your photo's.

We would really appreciate if you would not LINK to photo's stored on image hosting facilities for the same reason we we stopped the use of the tag.

Users clicking on these links please do so at your own risk. If you receive some sort of problems after viewing any images on out side photo hosting places through this site please do not hold the poster or this site responsible.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Amen!!

The file manager is very simple to use, and that way you also won't need to worry about relocation of photos (which disable the pictures!).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I love using the File Manager! It's so much easier than transferring pictures to a photo hosting site, and then having to go there to get the pictures. I use flash drives to backup my pictures. They're inexpensive, and I don't have to worry that the pictures will disappear because a web site goes poof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts