Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for sharing the story. It is good, and I don't know WHAT the headline writer was thinking. I'm sure the headline was not written by the story author.

Question to those who show their dogs or go beagling:
What do you think of Uno? To me, he looks Basset-ish, and like he might be to heavy-boned to perform well in the field.

Of course, I'm one that thinks that show-dog requirements don't necessarily improve the breed. I'm sure I got this belief by reading _Lad, A Dog_ too many times.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I love the story!!! I guess the Beagle is considered the Underdog... Hope Uno goes all the way!!!

Lucy's Mom- to me Uno doesn't look like and american (blood line)Beagle, but a European (blood line) Beagle. I've noticed from being on this site that the european is a heavier boned and "strong jawed" face.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Would love to see a beagle win! Of course, I might be a tad prejudiced?? Thanks for sharing that!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Thanks for the 'heads up' Judy.....I have posted my support for Uno on ABC news website!

YOU GO UNO!! :heart:

P.S. Results of this weekend's early competition are in; don't look if you want to watch on T.V. tonite....here's the link for those who can't wait: Best of Breed

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never understood why beagles don't win BIS.
It is after all the all american breed, no?

I personally think that the "lowly" beagle on the treadmill is gorgeous!!!! :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Lowly"? "Average"? Hmmmppphhhh.

I think Uno is adorable! He won the Hound Group at the Eukanuba National Championship that aired last week. He's gorgeous! I love the second article that talked about his personality...leaping at his handler for a treat, trying to grab the leash out of his handler's hands, I think they used the word precocious...sounds like a typical Beagle to me! I can't wait to see how he does.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Go Uno Go !!! I think there is absolutely nothing lowly about the beagle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

he has already won the heart of the crowd ...I sure hope he can continue on his winning ways !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts