Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,
So I told you all that I would keep you updated on our park problem. Well on Friday I stopped down to the town hall to once again let the wonderful people who work there know what had happened to Rusty Henry and I. Still nobody wanted to listen. So With that we all headed back to the park. I said to myself what could it hurt. We parked and got out and headed up to the doggie trail. For about the first 15 mins nobody even came around. Then they spotted us. He tailed us for about 5 mins and gave me a a stern warnning about dogs on the play ground and in the pinic area. Well little did this park ranger know I had a hand book of rules with me. That ment nothing to him. I said to him I can read the sighns. Besides we are on the trail not on the play ground or in the pinic area. I told him We have our doggie clean up bag with us in case anything happens. Well that was NOT good enough for this oh so wonderful ranger. He called the state police.
Anyway By the time we were finished with our walk the nice cop was waitting for us by my truck. He gave me a warnning ticket. I going to fight this. I feel we are being singled out for no reason at all. Rusty Henry and I will never be going back there again. I have a formal letter written to the town supervisor about this issue and posted a notis on the town bullitin board about our problem. My vet was nice enough to post the letter on her board as well. I'm going to the next town board meeting. I'm going to bring this problem to the attention of all the towns people. They have a right to know. If we the towns people are paying taxes and this tax money goes to helping with park things then why is it we can't use the park? The next thing will be kids will not be able to use the swings because there ripping up the grass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif

·
Registered
605 Posts
Jesus! Talk about stupid people! You're not breaking any laws or regulations. Good God! Keep fighting this, Lorie.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't understand...if you have a rule book in your hands and it clearly shows that you have a right to be there, how in the heck can they ticket you???

Seriously, if the rule book shows you have the right to be there, I would at least take it to the Park Ranger's superior.

That is such bull...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Keep fighting, and keep us posted!

When you go to the town meeting, could you also bring some other concerned dog owners with you? I think this sort of complaint works best when it is not just one "disgruntled" person. Good luck!

Sylvia

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif!!!! Fustrated can't even begin to cut it. I spoke with the town supervisor today. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif Wow! He called me back!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif He said he would see what he could do for me. I'm beyond Shocked that he even called. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif I did inform him that I will be attending the next meeting and bringing this to the boards attention. He asked why this problem could not be sloved right now. I told him I was ticked for no reason at all. So on that note I think bring friends with dogs would be a wonderful idea. Plenty of neighbors will probable attend on my behalf. Thanks so much everyone for your input and support. It means so much to me and my fur kids.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't understand how they can ticket you for walking with your dog on the DOG trail! That is absurd and I think you should let everyone know about the ruthless and moronic actions of this ranger. Best of luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is horrible! I'm shocked! If it were me, I would go there without the dogs and watch to see if anyone else comes in with a dog and has a problem. Then you can take them with you to complain...lol. What did he actually ticket you for? A warning for what? Using the park like it should be used?!

I hope you go in there and get great results! Good luck! Let us know what happens! If you lived closer to me, I would definately be right there with you. I think it's crazy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Lorie, I'm sorry to hear about this experience, but I would seriously get in touch with the ACLU.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What in God's name did this moron cop write the ticket for? Is the moron cop the moron park ranger's brother or something?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This oh so wondrrful cop told me that the ticket was for not playing by the rules, so to say. The only thing I can think of is the ranger told him my dogs made a mess and we did not clean it up. I showed him that I had my little hand book of rules but that did not seem to make a differance. I also said to him I can read all the sighns you have posted around here. Anyway like I said we are all going to the next town board meeting to put in a formal complaint. I see it this way if my tax money is going to this. I want no part of it. I just feel that if I'm being singled out over dogs how do they handle the kids at this park!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts