Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little Man Tate turned 1 year old today. He had a hamburger cake for lunch and he received 2 new toys and a real bone for his chewing pleasure. Thought I would post a picture of my handsome boy!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Aww...look at how filled out and grown-up he looks! It's amazing how they go from the slender, lithe looking puppy to filling out around 1 year old with the sturdy adult-looking beagle frame. What a handsome boy.

I can't wait to see how Kioko will look all grown up.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to add a couple more photos to show Tate as he was growing up.

5 weeks of age!

6 months of age!

Now you all can see how he has changed in 1 year's time.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happy First Birthday! You really are a handsome boy. I love the ticking on the legs. I hope that you enjoyed your day. It sounds like you got good and spoiled (just the way a Beagle should be).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happy Happy birthday, Tate.

You sure did grow from a cutie pie puppy to a handsome beagle!!

Happy birthday /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Happy Birthday, Tate! You are a very handsome young man! Looks like you like snow as much as my pack does!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dear Tate,

You are mighty handsome! We love your changing pictures thoughout the year. Your colors are beautiful! But a question, how do you stay so white all the time? Mommy fusses that our white is always a dull red clay color. We can't help the grass stopped growing when we came to live here last year.

Anyway Happy Late Birthday!

Hugs and barks,

Lille, Chloe and Stray Jack

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh my gosh. What a cutie. Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:Originally posted by Tammy:
Dear Tate,

You are mighty handsome! We love your changing pictures thoughout the year. Your colors are beautiful! But a question, how do you stay so white all the time? Mommy fusses that our white is always a dull red clay color. We can't help the grass stopped growing when we came to live here last year.

Anyway Happy Late Birthday!

Hugs and barks,

Lille, Chloe and Stray Jack
I had to laugh when you said the grass quit growing last year....we do not have any grass either because of our pack. The only reason he was so white though is he had a bath to prepare for his big day.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally Posted By: doronkollwhen can you start giving real bones to your dog that they wont choke?
Gee...I figured as long as they have teeth it would be fine! I am sure other people disagree and if I ever have a dog that has an issue with chewing a bone I may change my mind, but I have given bones to them since they were puppies as young as 2-3 months old. In all the years that I have had dogs...I have never had an issue with a real bone. We just make sure they never get chicken or pork bones because they splinter. Only beef.

I've actually had more issues with rawhides than bones. They've bitten off chunks that are too big and they swallow them, only to have them swell up and cause digestive problems for awhile. We no longer give our dogs rawhide at all. It is pig ears, animal hooves, or real bones only.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts