Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goober, Rufus ,Homer & Nibbler missed us for two weeks...but they were well cared for & "spoiled" when we were gone! Goober & Homer even got to eat a can of "kippers" with their kibble as Goober turned 15 1/2 when I was gone! :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Glad to hear the boys did well during your absence. Kippers eh, we love those!!!!!! Goober is sure a fine fellow. NR have you any photos of your boys? Would love to se them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know they're glad you're back from being gone and knowing they miss you alot . What is Kippers?

Kelly

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Kippers are usually smoked herrings. We used to eat them for breakfast, warm with a knob of butter. Havent seen them for ages apart from in cans. We used to buy them in bags complete with butter, and warm them up in hot water. Yummy.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are kippers?! "Sheesh", I thought everyone knew that! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif The most common form of kippers are lightly salted & smoked & sold in a flat elongated can like sardines, but a longer can! In Idaho, "it would seem that" they are a very popular choice as a loggers lunch as kipper cans are a frequent find in the woods! Pop & I LOVE canned kippers as we both are of scandinavian decent & often snack on them with cheese & rye crisp as a light snack in the woods! (Kippers are not just for breakfast anymore)...but they have been a part of a british breakfast for many years as well! :thumbup: :ecstatic:

·
Registered
614 Posts
well here in Texas we don't see them in the store often as they are not local to our area. But i have seen those cans of them in a sardine can.

I just had to do a refresh on my memory card! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
thank you Kelly, for being the first to ask about Kippers!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts