Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! My 90-year old neighbor, Lillian, has loved to visit with Maggie during the six years she has lived nearby. She kept treats in her kitchen drawer just for her. She was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and tomorrow she is flying up to Boston (where she is from) to go into a hospice there. She's been home from the hospital for a couple of days with nurses at the house. Knowing how much she loves Maggie, I walked Mags down to her house a little while ago so she could see her. I lifted Maggie up and placed her carefully on her hospital bed, trying not to move all the tubes. Maggie laid down very quietly and put her head on Lillian's lap, just near enough that Lillian could rub her head. Lillian was thrilled to see her and Maggie lay quietly for several minutes. As I have said before, Maggie is not a cuddly dog and has never laid next to me by choice but she knew exactly what she needed to do today. I was so proud of her!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She knew what Lillian needed. They have that sixth sense and just know. I'm sure it made your neighbor feel so much better having Maggie visit her. Didn't she do something similar with your neighbors small child not too long ago?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jerseyDidn't she do something similar with your neighbors small child not too long ago?
She did -- I forgot all about that! The neighbor's son was having a bad day and Maggie went up to him so he could hug her.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Good for Maggie. I swear they wear angel wings underneath the beagle outfit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Awww. Bless Maggie. I had a cat who was like that when my kids were young. If they were sick, he would snuggle up to them. He was also the first pet that my children lost (cancer). It was devastating to them. But I truly belive that some pets have a sense of when they are needed. Maggie is a sweetheart and I am sure that when your neighbor leaves, she will remember her time with Maggie fondly.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Awwwww...that is so sweet of Maggie. What a good little girl.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Way to go, Maggie! Do you have any hints for keeping the wings and halo on? We've had more of a run of devil's horns lately....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally Posted By: Lucy's Mom Do you have any hints for keeping the wings and halo on?
I would say it comes with age (Maggie will be 13 next month) but I have to tell you that I just lucked out -- Maggie has never been mischevious or naughty. That said, she reigns supreme in the manipulative and drama queen categories!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts