Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted Daisy about a year ago. She is a sweetheart. We have seen different variations of Beagles. Daisy has a more narrow snout than traditional Beagle. Would like some insight to find out if she is a true Beagle. She was rescue, so we have no background on her.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We adopted Daisy about a year ago. She is a sweetheart. We have seen different variations of Beagles. Daisy has a more narrow snout than traditional Beagle. Would like some insight to find out if she is a true Beagle. She was rescue, so we have no background on her.
The animal rescue that took her in, took her to a vet for shots, etc. The vet put on the paperwork that she was a Beagle mix. She has a more narrow snout and does not have much of the white markings is why I ask. I don't know a lot about Beagles, so just curious. Daisy is a sweetheart and a blessing to our family.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I think she's a full looking beagle and has a white tip tail. Beagles have different shapes and colors. My dog is lean and has a slender snout and is 100% beagle.

·
Registered
918 Posts
She's beautiful either way! Apparently American-style beagles have narrower muzzles for what it's worth. But she looks purebred to me as well.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Cassie made a good point - usually the white tail tip is an indicator that she is 'pure beagle'. Although there is a 'breed standard' beagles seem to come in all sorts of facial shapes and coat colors. Enjoy her!!!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
She's a pretty girl. If not PB, then high content beagle. Vets/rescues/shelters have to put mix. Without a pedigree or DNA there is no way to tell for sure.

Both of my dogs were shelter pups. One is mostly GSD and the other is mostly beagle. I used the Embark DNA test. The results were fun - plus they test for many genetic medical conditions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts