Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of people posting and alot of differant articles on the web about Beagles being notorious for attempting to eat other dogs waste. Luckily I don't have this problem but Zoey is obsessed with clumps of dog hair and attempts to eat it whenever she can find it. My other dog a Border Collie is shedding pretty bad and Zoey will run over and grab clumps of hair off of her whenever they are playing. I even have to put her in a seperate room when I'm brushing the other dog. Considering other stuff she can be attempting to eat i guess I can consider myself lucky. Lets hear everyone else's Beagles quirky Ideas on what makes a good snack.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well neither of mine eat other dogs hair but they do have some strange likes.

Rosa eats ALL poop no matter what animal it comes from. She eats ALL food she finds on the floor even if it's rotton with maggots in it. She doesn't eat non edible things though apart from wood.

Sherry has a passion for grass and mud and that's about it. She will eat food she finds on our walks but she's much more selective than Rosa and it must be fresh. Rosa will scoff down mouldy bread she finds but Sherry won't touch it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry loves grass too, and it never seems to make him sick. Bird seed from feeders is another favorite. He also loves to play with and semi devour cardboard paper tubes. I guess mostly he selects fiberous foods, lol.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke will eat anything, edible or not. It's a constant source of grief for us. But he is getting better, thank goodness!

He also eats the other dogs' fur, but only once in a while.

He likes grass and this morning *(gross out alert)* we noticed some, ummm....sticking out his back end! Ewww. Worst part was we had just come home from having him microchipped, so I really hope it wasn't like that when we were at the vets!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
As far as poop goes, Chloe LOOOOVES geese poop, thank god it's only that - I just don't take her to this certain park until the summer.

One thing she adores is sticks.... She doesn't swallow, so I don't mind.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie's a poor eater in general (dog food that is...she loves people food) but she loves to eat sticks and chew on rocks. She also LOVES to get into the cat litter and feast on Almond Roca.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts