Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caesar has a wieght problem that we're working on. At the begining of November we put him on origen and he actually gained 2 lbs!!! So I went back to the pet store thinking that I needed to put him on a diet food. The lady there told me that the recomended servings on the bag are VERY generous and that I should cut that amount in half. She said that if he's still hungry (he's a beagle of coarse he's still hungry!) I could feed him vegi's. So far he's not doing too bad, he doesn't seem anymore hungry than usual. But Emma has a vet appointment on Saturday so I'll the vet if all this is okay.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think that more than the portion itself, what important is the calorie value that they get per day. If half the recommended amount is enough, calorie wise, supplementing it with veggies should do it to help him feel full.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie gained a little weight on Orijen also.I do think it is a good food. Maggie has such a soft shiny coat when she eats Orijen. I have been little cautious with feeding Orijen since they had some trouble in Australia but I read the info on their website and it sounds like the dog food is Ok. I often mix it with the Wellness Core reduced fat, or with veggies as you said.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After he eats his breakfast I put 4-5 baby carrots in his bowl so that he snack on them during the day if he gets hungry. Sometimes there's carrots left by dinner, and sometimes there isn't. We also haven't been walking him lately, it's so cold here right now that I don't want to take him out. I would like to get a treadmill and teach him to walk on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts