Our Beagle World Forums banner

Online Picture Storage for Posting

2K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  beaner 
#1 ·
Some time ago, I joined a place for BW members to upload pictures. Its is called Sony Imagestation - BeagleWorld Album . All members need to to is join Imagestation to be able to upload pictures. The upload link is here:

BW Album Upload

Just follow the instructions. All I ask is that we keep the image size to under 400 pixels on the longest side. This size lets the images load fairly quikly even for dial-up users.

ADDENDUM
I have found another site that hosts pictures free and allows hot linking. It is called IMAGESHACK.US . You simply upload your image to their site and once its done, they give you 4 ways to link to it. For BW, it the first choice. Just copy it from there and paste it into your post. VERY SIMPLE. Your image will be stored for at least one year. Every time someone links to it, the clock is reset. Try it, you will like it.

Thanks,

#6 ·
Joe, I have tried at least half a dozen times to get into Imagestation. When it says it will send my password etc to my email address, it never does. I have tried with 4 different addresses but still no joy. I will have to continue with Shutterfly and hope my pics aren't too big. I apologise if they are. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

G
#7 ·
Bighils,
Did you e-mail them?
Once I had the same problem and couldn't registar to a site and I e-mailed them and they registared (sp?) for me.

On a lab board I go to there is a post that might help with resizing pictures. I haven't used the problem before because I have a program on my computer that lets me resize pictures.

Here is what the post says:

Free Image Resizing Software!!
One of the most popular questions about attaching photos is that members photos are too large to attach. I have to set the size of pictures to a reasonable size for speed and storage purposes.

Here is a free, easy program that you can install on your computer that will help you make your pictures smaller for attaching them to your posts. It's called Photo Resizer.
http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwgcomp.shtml

1. Choose to download and install Photo Resizer from the link above.
2. Run the program and follow the instuctions on the right side of the program. You basically open the photo you want to resize, choose a new width and height (ex. 300X300) and hit the resize button.
3. Then choose option 4 to save your new photo to your computer.

Just make sure you save them to another directory so you don't save over the originals.

The photo should then be ready to use in your post.

#8 ·
Hi Daisygirl, no I didn't email them. I could certainly try that. I can re-size the photos and then save them again but to be honest I don't know if they are too big at the moment or not. I will have to go and check. It just annoyed me that I couldn't join Imagestation. I wanted to see what it offered that was different to Shutterfly. Thank you for your advice. :thumbup:
Well I just went and checked my photos and they are I think 480 at there longest edge which is a bit too big so I will have to start re-sizing them or try harder to get into Imagestation.

#9 ·
Daisygirl, I went to Imagestation and they have a live help line and I was given my activation code then and there. This is simply my attempt at following 7Beagleladys instuctions on how to post with a photo of Holly infront of our new fire that took about 5 weeks to get and have installed. It is our only form of heating so it was very welcome. So here goes.

Oooooooh it worked. My photos are now a little smaller so hope it helps people on dial up. Thanks Joe, Daisygirl, 7B and Genie. :thumbup:

G
#13 ·
Sorry for being so late...

:thumbup: Bighils, Glad you got it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The picture looks so nice and cozy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

:thumbup: Murphy's Dad,
I don't need a resize program but for those who do - We like small and easy programs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

#16 ·
G
#17 ·
Hi, everybody! I hope you haven't forgotten Lucy and me. I was delighted to log on and see all the familiar names. I'm going to try, with Imagestation, to load up three pictures of Lucy. Wish me luck! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

G
#19 ·
Hi, again. Clearly I need a lot of help! I have a Mac. Is this a problem? (One thing is that with a Mac mouse I can't "right click" anything. I was able to downsize my three photos to 400 X 300 pixels before uploading them to Imagestation. Then, when I clicked on the first image, I didn't see anything like "properties" to choose. So I copied the URL of the page in my browser, then back at Beagle World I clicked "Image" and copied the URL to the "Image" box. But nothing happened! Sorry to be a pest. I finally have some relatively new pictures of Lucy and I'd like to share them.

G
#23 ·
Okay, Bighils, can you tell me how Daisygirl helped you to make Holly's picture show up? I think my last message did give you a clickable link to the picture of Lucy, but how I'd like it to simply show up on its own! Any help would be appreciated! So glad to be back on line with you guys!

#24 ·
decemberbaby, welcome back firstly. I can tell you how I post photos which is how Jennifer first told me. It isn't quite how the others do it but here goes.
Go to the picture you want to post, right click on it, there is an url address which you highlight, right click on that and click copy. Then come to BW and in your post put
after it. Hopefully when you see your post the photo should be there. I think that is it but others might tell you different so try and see. It worked for me. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.