Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after sleeping through the night 2 or 3 nights in a row, Luigi woke us up 3 times last night to pee, and cried in his cage today for over an hour. We were trying to put him to sleep, and it's the same time he usually snoozes, ad he'd been worked out at a park prior to this, so he should've been ready. We moved him into the bathroom as an emergency measure for the night (and he's quiet) could he be viewing the crate as a prison all of a sudden? This needs to stop...we can't wait 19 months (he's 5 months, add 19 months and you get 24 months, or 2 years, the consensus age as to when beagles are adults) We were making progress, too... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/exactly.gif

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyHe should have a crate where he can stand and have 2-3 inches from his skull to the top of the crate, and turn around in. Also, make sure he can lay in it comfortably.... I think that at 5 months you can get him a crate that will suite him when he reaches his adult size (approximate!).
well, it does fit those requirements, but there have been quite a few times when we've moved him from the crate to the bathroom, and he's quieted down a bit. Last night, he was quiet all night in the bathroom. He did poop twice, but it was on one of those pee pads, so...

Plus, the crate is too small to put his food in, which is a recommendation I hear quite a bit.

Her mother in law has a cage that's larger which she's not using, so we may borrow that and see if it works.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another night he didn't sleep all the wqy through. He has done it, i swear. Yet last night he woke us up 3 times. If this doesn't stop soon, he may have to go live elsewhere, as much as we love him...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.