Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Louisiana legislature is about to submit a bill that would tax the sale of pet food. Funds from this tax will be used to support state animal shelters. If approved, the tax will add one cent per pound of food!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Do you know of a website to get a copy of that bill? I would positively get something like that in front of my state representative. Sometimes, I thing we all feel powerless to help our best friends, but this is a great idea. Even if you can not find a website could you email me a newspaper site that mentions the bill? I felt so depressed and helpless about the Air Canada transportation thread that I could not even post a comment! But this is something I can do!

·
Registered
345 Posts
This really is an excellent idea and I hope more states will enact this bill. I would definitely be interested in writing my reps here in VA to get something like this started.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thanks for this reference. I am going to share it with some animal welfare groups in the state that have some political connections and have already done extensive lobbying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts