Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todd has been very itchy lately. I was just wandering if any of you are having any problems this time of year with your beags. I checked him and he doesn't have any fleas. His skin seems really dry. What can I use on him or put in his food to help his skin? Any suggestions?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours get very itchy with grass-mites. You cant see them but frontline gets rid of them along with any other vermin. However, check with your vet and if it is just dry skin then Chloes Mommy gave you good advice.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Polly is still biting her paws--I may try that Rosemary Oil. I took her off meds, since her urinating was out of control...and I spray her feet with that apple stuff. :pukey:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Myra has just recently (the past 3 weeks) started scratching her forelegs a lot, especially her right one. The vet suggested it's allergies and gave her a script for Allerclor twice a day. Her red eyes and drippy tear ducts went away, but she still itches some, so we apply a hydro-cortisone spray every few days to try to calm the spot down. The redness is gone but she has worn some hair away that will take a while to grow back. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My Li'l Girl had a bad bout of itchiness a couple of weeks ago. I'd just bathed her, and did find a couple of fleas. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif One night I put hydrocortisone cream on her tummy, but found that the hydrocortisone spray for dogs worked better.

She'd scratched and dragged her tummy across the carpet so much that it was nearly raw. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif After waiting a couple of days for her body oils to rebuild (I've been told that's necessary) I applied Advantage, and the problem went away. Hard to believe that just a couple of fleas could cause so much itching, but that must have been the case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your response. I don't see any flee's. I brushed him last night with the furminator and didn't see anything. I am getting alot of dry skin off of him around his neck.His neck almost feels scabby. He is really itchy around his neck and his rear end.I noticed that he smells more than he did before, and it has only been 3 weeks since he had a bath. I bathed him with oatmeal shampoo. That is when he sprained his neck! I don't mean to sound stupid but where do you find rosemary oil?

·
Registered
794 Posts
that info on Yeast was interesting, but wow! It was a lot to take in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Polly's paws are furless now, but there's no open sores, and she doesn't act like it bothers her... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
She seems so healthy, it's hard to believe she would have an internal yeast infection.
I think I will try the Rosemary oil first.
She is a good girl when I spray her feet with the bitter apple stuff. She hides under the table when I get it out, poor thing. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts