Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about an hour and little Hailey is still zig zagging across the living room. She seems like she'll never stop. Any one else remember the days their little beagle was the most hyper thing on the planet?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Not Li'l Girl, but our whippetX, Misty. When she was a puppy she was like the energizer bunny.
She just kept going and going until right around 9:00 p.m. Then she'd conk out, and we'd breathe a sigh of relief.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I remember those days. It seems like just when she would settle in to sleep, one of the neighbor kids would ring the doorbell and she would start all over again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang, hyper hyper hyper. Then we went on a jog for about 15 minutes and she still wanted to run around the house =P

Well, I needed to take care of some things and I put her in her crate and what do you know, she laid down and was pretty much instantly asleep. Yay!

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for your beagles to mellow out?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke, at 15 months, still gets the zoomies at least once a day, but they don't last as long, usually only 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I can remember Caesar going a million miles a minute then all of a sudden nothing. I would look and find him fast asleep on the floor with a toy still in his mouth. There was no cool down, it was just zoomies or nothing. I actually miss those days
Now that he's 2 he has really calmed down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know the zoomies are starting when Finley starts to stomp around with his neon-green stuffed sheep in his mouth swinging it from side to side.This is followed by about 15-20 full-speed laps around the living room chair. You get dizzy watching him, but it's so cute.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts