Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy had surgery a week ago tomorrow. He has been dealing with an infected anal gland for about a year and it just wouldn't heal or go away, leaking, bleeding etc. The vet did lots of presurgical testing first since he is almost 13. The surgeon said it was a very involved surgery with muscle involved. He did great during the surgery. He has to wear the dreaded cone until the 24th but he is dealing with it ok. Our big concern was pooping ability but he seems to be doing fine, just looks a bit painful when he goes. Hope he keeps healing well and the cone can be gone.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Flooring Collar

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will. I was so happy today, I was outside with him and he started getting silly and was bouncing around with the cone on. He's such a good boy.

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The vet called tonight to say that there were no signs of cancer in the pathology! Yay! Our boy is on the mend.

Just have to bubble-wrap the house because he is causing damage with the cone of shame.

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oliver doing well. He saw the vet today and she said he is healing good. He has his cone off! He finally just went to bed, he was overtired and disoriented I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts