Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two adorable beagle boys, Cobi, 9 and Casie 2. Last year we adopted Casie as a defective puppy --- he was 13 months old. Maybe some of you remember, my anguish over the adoption and it taking so long....he came from a show breeder and he has an elongated sternum, so he can't be shown :eek:(...the show world's loss was out gigantic gain. Anyway, I now, want to find Jacobson beagle #4.....
Our first beagle boy, was a bagel -- basset/beagle. He taught us everything we ever needed to know about beagles...and we still miss him greatly. Cobi, our second was given to us as a prize for finding his father for a friend's female. Cobi, has been our little character. Casie, is wonderful and he has made us want to go for #4....am I nuts!
This time I want a puppy. We realize that having Casie at 13 months, we missed training him, and those puppy months....

You can tell me I am crazy, (dh would love to hear that!!!!) But I just think three beagles would be so much added dimension to our lives.

Nuts or in love?

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Not nuts at all if you have the room and time - go for it! I was just saying that I wouldn't mind a bunch of beagles

·
Registered
890 Posts
OK, your silly and crazy.

I might have the same problem. We want to get another beagle, but are waffling between puppy or older one. Another beagle is the easy decision.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Crazy maybe but so are we! We have 3 and I wouldn't trade it for the world!! Personally, I would like a nice even number, 4 sounds good to me

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a little girl....but she came from a puppy mill and the store owner will not give me much more information on her. Bad news...but cute little girl. We have two boys who are fixed, but wonder if you think that would be a problem, two boys 9 and 2 and one little three month old girl (or a little girl at all)
The price this store owner was asking was way over my budget, I'd rather wait for a rescue beagle anyway. But am more concerned about the sex mix....any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I have all boys so I don't have personal experience but a good friend of mine has six dogs, all different breeds and and some males, some females. She hasan't had any major problems in terms of sex and I know age shouldn't be much of an issue either.
The big concern is, like with people, individual dogs and their personalities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts