Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a TOS? I did a search but couldn't find it (easily) so I'm just going to admit my lack of knowledge and ask.

Maybe you could start a glossary for some of us baby boomers who don't know all the tech words yet...and while I'm at it, what is UBB code??? Geesh....

(I also had to ask what an avatar is so that'll tell you just how in touch I am - now if I were 7 I would have it all down!)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The TOS is Terms of Use and Service of Beagle World forums.
Every member when registering to the site approves reading and knowing them. Here is a direct link: Beagle World TOS

As for UBB codes - those are the codes that we use before and after images posted, different smilies used... I'm sure JAISP can explain it better. You can also read the FAQ section to find answers to some of the questions you have or may have in the future.

An Avatar, is an animated virtual image of yourself. At the forums you can see the avatar which is the little squared picture you see below our names on the left hand side of the posting area. You can post your own avatar (has to be 100x100 pixel in size) once you reach 100 posts.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read them all - except I missed the UBB code. Do you know that in the use policy that describes TOS it never says what TOS stands for - at least not in the first <span style="text-decoration: underline">21</span> bullet points.I did a search for it and it returned so many threads I didn't have time to read them all. The avatar page also does not say what an avatar IS just how to use it...

Not everyone is a web master, there's just lot's that's new to me and I don't have hours to search for it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I had had it explained to me before I posted this thread, I think by Chloe's Mommie or by Jen in Jersey - another unfortunate result of age (LOL) - I can't remember! I just thought it would be nice to have a definitions page that had quick definitions of the word not so much how to use it....or just before how to use it. Oh well, I'll just keep reading and thanks - I've used Wiki lots, just didn't think of it..

B

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read the UBB code section of the FAQ and from what I gather, it's similar to HTML tags. However, when I used the format in the FAQ, very little of it worked correctly in the preview. The bold function and the blue color function worked... but the font did not, the size did not, and all the other colors did not. I could very well be using incorrect tags... does anyone know what the issue may be?

for example, I tried to use tahoma font... but when I entered the code as shown on the FAQ, the preview showed the code, not the result. Same happened with all my font sizes, the colors red and green, and the paragraph breaks.

- Chris

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
[font:tahoma]<span style="font-size: 8pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Tahoma 8pt test</span></span>[/font]

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"> <span style="font-size: 20pt">Test</span></span>

Tahoma is not one of the fonts we have.

Also for every tag opened you need to close that tag just like in html.

[] open tag

[/] close tag

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
<span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Arial 14pt test</span></span></span>

Code:<div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 112px;"><pre>

[font:Arial][size:14pt]Arial 14pt test[/size][/font]

</pre>
This would be the proper format.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahhhh.... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: red">Thank</span><span style="color: blue"> you</span></span> very much.

Honestly, I have a hard time keeping up with the different variations of code syntax for each site. It seems each site has a slight deviation or variation from the others. ie: Myspace uses <span style="font-weight: bold"><these></span> to enclose code, and also do not require you <span style="font-style: italic">/end</span> code unless you want to end the formatting; additionally, if you just open another code (a color for instance) it closes any previous color format code and opens a new one; no need to close <span style="font-weight: bold">and</span> reopen another.

Thank you for the good information though. I'll be hitting up the Introduction area soon, once I can get my internal MS reader to recognize the stick and let me upload a few photos for the Intro thread.

- Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts