Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning with itchy spots on my upper legs and shoulders. FLEAS!!!!! OMG.
Mizu was laying in my bed the past 2 nights and I guess they were in my blankets. I washed all my sheets and conforter in hot water this morning. We gave Mizu a bath today. I was waiting for him to dry off. Well 2 hours later I forget and I was walking Mizu and what was on my arm !? A flea bite! So we rushed in and I put some Advantage on him. Does this mean I have to clean from top to bottom inside my house? I'm like paranoid cause he was on the couch too. God I hate fleas!! I also have another bite on my cheek! :angryfire: :angryfire:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Wash everything in hot vinegar water and spray your carperts with good flea spray. Also treat any other animals you may have.

Good luck!

·
Registered
991 Posts
:sweep:
Oh you poor thing. I feel so sorry for you and Mizu. We lived in Central Calif. for one year awhile back and it seemed as if my entire life was dedicated to keeping fleas off the dogs, out of the house and out of the yards. I had never been exposed to dog fleas before and was petrified that they would eat my poor babies alive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
I laundered, washed, vacuumed, and sprayed like a woman possessed. It worked. No fleas. I was glad to move back to Colorado. At 6,000 ft. and real season - no fleas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:angryfire:
Of course Petsmart is CLOSED. They closed at 7 and I was going to get some flea powder for the carpet! Darn it. Well he is safe hope I am tonight tooo.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Sorry I didn't read this sooner.
Baking soda and salt, equal amount. shake it on the carpet wait at least an hour, then vacuum.
I heard it really works....good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That happened to us about 12 years ago... :grr:

We started sprinkling garlic powder on the dog food; just a teaspoon or less per half of a big bowl full (they were self fed). The girls didn't like it at first (not beagles), but after their tummies took over they got accustomed to it :thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,
Hope you get it sorted soon.
I go to the vet and get frontline once a year for mine,throughout the year i give them 2 garlic cloves each a week with their food,They are 3 and 3 1/2 and we've never had fleas as yet .

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been accused of believing too much of what I read on the internet, so I'd be a little leary of giving garlic to my beag... Maybe the little bit that you guys are feeding won't make a difference, or maybe you're just not seeing any short term difference and it may cause later year problems? Is garlic really ok to give to your pets?

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1939&articleid=2414

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Thank goodness fleas are very rare here, & I suggest that you deploy a flea/bug-bomb to eradicate those pests! Goober nearly lived his entire life... Until a pair of Idiots moved next-door & started an illegal cat-shelter! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Those "Bozo's" made a sport of teasing poor Goober untill I "pepper-sprayed" one of the retards in the act of teasing him! (It must have been the (promise of lead poisoning), that made them move! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Boulderbeagle, I live in Central CA, Fresno to be exact, which city were you in?

You are so right about the flea problem here. Because winters are so warm, the fleas never really die off. An since summers are so horribly hot, they are everywhere! I fought the battle for years at our old house because we had neighbors that didn't spray. Luckily, rare instances at our house now and I just give them Frontline and problem solved!

Since my problem isn't constant and the labs are so sensitive that I know immediately when there is one single flea because of the way they scratch, I can get it taken care of right away. That way, I don't have to give monthly doses, which I'm hesitant to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts