Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have had a very eventful day so I thought I would share it with you.
Firstly we took the girls for a walk in the woods. Fine a bit hot but not a problem. Then Adam and I had to clear everything out the loft as we are having loft insulation put down on Tues. As I am on disability benefits I was eligable for a government grant so we get the top up of insulation free. That's good I hear you say! Adam passed a box down to me from the loft and as I took it from him a tin of yellow emulsion paint fell from the box and landed on the landing floor. As it landed, yes folks, the lid came off. Yellow paint all over the landing carpet, walls and a long mirror that hangs on the wall! Oooooops, a few expletives later and lots of cleaning up, we realised that the carpet was a lost cause. Then I heard a rustle from downstairs. Ummm what was that I wonder? I went downstairs and could just see Holly in the kitchen with a bread bag dangling from her mouth. An empty bread bag! I went to take it off her only to find an empty tortilla wrap bag on the floor also! Adam assures me that there was only one slice of bread but there were 4 tortilla wraps. Holly is now round, bloated and feeling very sorry for herself. She may not look too bad but her belly is as tight as a drum.

Needless to say she still begged at dinner time for some of Adams meal! You just have to wonder where it all goes.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Sorry, just had to laugh! I thought you were going to say that she was covered in paint. A few days of fasting should see her over the tortillas. Hope you get you mess cleared up soon!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I also thought it would end with her covered in paint.

Poor baby, I know how she feels. Too often. :redface:

~Denise

·
Registered
326 Posts
I also thought there was going to be paint downstairs!

Poor Holly, I know I feel after eating a plate full of pasta, poor girl must be feeling twice as bad!

(... Erin)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Holly does look bloated but that didn't stop her from being a beagle. Hils, sorry for your paint disaster but I've got to know how come Gem didn't assist Holly in the great bread caper?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there everyone. It might have helped if Holly had got paint on her so I could claim on the house insurance for all the carpets!
Madison069 the bread was on the work surface but the bag was obviously near enough to the edge to be dragged down. It is usually in the cupboard but well you know how it is, you forget once and once is enough.
Bob, Gem was asleep on the sofa but Holly can be a bit agressive toward Gem if she has a pize she doesn't want to share so I don't know whether Gem tried or not to get in on the game. She probably didn't bother. Or Holly scoffed it so fast it was gone before Gem knew anything about it!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Hilary:

Madison069 the bread was on the work surface but the bag was obviously near enough to the edge to be dragged down. It is usually in the cupboard but well you know how it is, you forget once and once is enough.
you ain't lying there! lol

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Hilary, I can picture it all in my head. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif You and Adam dealing with the paint crisis and Holly thinking,"Now's my chance" and bolting down everything within reach!
And poor Gem didn't even get to share!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts